Robert Pattinson Too Famous to Do Theater Stuff
Robert Pattinson is desperate to sign up for a stint performing on stage - but the "Twilight" hunk fears his devoted fans will spoil live shows by snapping his photo. The actor shot to fame playing brooding vampire Edward Cullen in the hit blood-sucking franchise, and admits he'd love to further his career with a theater role.
But the Brit plans to wait until the "Twilight" hysteria dies down before taking to the stage. He explains, "I love to do theatre stuff but right now I couldn't imagine it being a good experience. I just couldn't imagine it being anything other than people constantly taking photos and stuff. I think it's too much for me to take. I need to have that separation. It's like there's too much energy in an audience."
Pattinson also has one duty ahead - to promote "Water for Elephants" in which he plays veterinary school student Jacob who meets and falls in love with Marlena, a star performer in a circus of a bygone era. The film will be released April 22 in the U.S.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip