Robert Pattinson Too Famous to Do Theater Stuff
Robert Pattinson is desperate to sign up for a stint performing on stage - but the "Twilight" hunk fears his devoted fans will spoil live shows by snapping his photo. The actor shot to fame playing brooding vampire Edward Cullen in the hit blood-sucking franchise, and admits he'd love to further his career with a theater role.
But the Brit plans to wait until the "Twilight" hysteria dies down before taking to the stage. He explains, "I love to do theatre stuff but right now I couldn't imagine it being a good experience. I just couldn't imagine it being anything other than people constantly taking photos and stuff. I think it's too much for me to take. I need to have that separation. It's like there's too much energy in an audience."
Pattinson also has one duty ahead - to promote "Water for Elephants" in which he plays veterinary school student Jacob who meets and falls in love with Marlena, a star performer in a circus of a bygone era. The film will be released April 22 in the U.S.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group