Robert Pattinson Too Famous to Do Theater Stuff
Robert Pattinson is desperate to sign up for a stint performing on stage - but the "Twilight" hunk fears his devoted fans will spoil live shows by snapping his photo. The actor shot to fame playing brooding vampire Edward Cullen in the hit blood-sucking franchise, and admits he'd love to further his career with a theater role.
But the Brit plans to wait until the "Twilight" hysteria dies down before taking to the stage. He explains, "I love to do theatre stuff but right now I couldn't imagine it being a good experience. I just couldn't imagine it being anything other than people constantly taking photos and stuff. I think it's too much for me to take. I need to have that separation. It's like there's too much energy in an audience."
Pattinson also has one duty ahead - to promote "Water for Elephants" in which he plays veterinary school student Jacob who meets and falls in love with Marlena, a star performer in a circus of a bygone era. The film will be released April 22 in the U.S.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign