Robert Pattinson Too Famous to Do Theater Stuff
Robert Pattinson is desperate to sign up for a stint performing on stage - but the "Twilight" hunk fears his devoted fans will spoil live shows by snapping his photo. The actor shot to fame playing brooding vampire Edward Cullen in the hit blood-sucking franchise, and admits he'd love to further his career with a theater role.
But the Brit plans to wait until the "Twilight" hysteria dies down before taking to the stage. He explains, "I love to do theatre stuff but right now I couldn't imagine it being a good experience. I just couldn't imagine it being anything other than people constantly taking photos and stuff. I think it's too much for me to take. I need to have that separation. It's like there's too much energy in an audience."
Pattinson also has one duty ahead - to promote "Water for Elephants" in which he plays veterinary school student Jacob who meets and falls in love with Marlena, a star performer in a circus of a bygone era. The film will be released April 22 in the U.S.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'