Robert Pattinson Too Famous to Do Theater Stuff
Robert Pattinson is desperate to sign up for a stint performing on stage - but the "Twilight" hunk fears his devoted fans will spoil live shows by snapping his photo. The actor shot to fame playing brooding vampire Edward Cullen in the hit blood-sucking franchise, and admits he'd love to further his career with a theater role.
But the Brit plans to wait until the "Twilight" hysteria dies down before taking to the stage. He explains, "I love to do theatre stuff but right now I couldn't imagine it being a good experience. I just couldn't imagine it being anything other than people constantly taking photos and stuff. I think it's too much for me to take. I need to have that separation. It's like there's too much energy in an audience."
Pattinson also has one duty ahead - to promote "Water for Elephants" in which he plays veterinary school student Jacob who meets and falls in love with Marlena, a star performer in a circus of a bygone era. The film will be released April 22 in the U.S.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!