Mel Gibson Flies to Guatemala for Charity Duty
Embattled Hollywood star Mel Gibson is leaving his personal woes behind and flying to Guatemala for a charity trip on Tuesday, March 8. Los Angeles prosecutors are expected to file misdemeanor domestic violence charges against the "Braveheart" star this week, stemming from allegations made by his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, following their bitter split in 2010. But Gibson is refusing to let his troubled personal life get in the way of his philanthropy and is traveling to Central America to boost a campaign to save the country's rainforest, reports TMZ.com.
The actor has been locked in a bitter battle with Grigorieva over custody of their baby daughter Lucia, with the Russian singer accusing Gibson of attacking her during a heated argument in January, 2010. A spokesman for the D.A's office says that senior officials are going to be briefed next week on the evidence against Grigorieva, the final step in determining whether to prosecute her for extortion, and Gibson for domestic violence.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2