Mel Gibson Flies to Guatemala for Charity Duty
Embattled Hollywood star Mel Gibson is leaving his personal woes behind and flying to Guatemala for a charity trip on Tuesday, March 8. Los Angeles prosecutors are expected to file misdemeanor domestic violence charges against the "Braveheart" star this week, stemming from allegations made by his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, following their bitter split in 2010. But Gibson is refusing to let his troubled personal life get in the way of his philanthropy and is traveling to Central America to boost a campaign to save the country's rainforest, reports TMZ.com.
The actor has been locked in a bitter battle with Grigorieva over custody of their baby daughter Lucia, with the Russian singer accusing Gibson of attacking her during a heated argument in January, 2010. A spokesman for the D.A's office says that senior officials are going to be briefed next week on the evidence against Grigorieva, the final step in determining whether to prosecute her for extortion, and Gibson for domestic violence.
More Mel Gibson News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'