Mel Gibson Flies to Guatemala for Charity Duty
Embattled Hollywood star Mel Gibson is leaving his personal woes behind and flying to Guatemala for a charity trip on Tuesday, March 8. Los Angeles prosecutors are expected to file misdemeanor domestic violence charges against the "Braveheart" star this week, stemming from allegations made by his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, following their bitter split in 2010. But Gibson is refusing to let his troubled personal life get in the way of his philanthropy and is traveling to Central America to boost a campaign to save the country's rainforest, reports TMZ.com.
The actor has been locked in a bitter battle with Grigorieva over custody of their baby daughter Lucia, with the Russian singer accusing Gibson of attacking her during a heated argument in January, 2010. A spokesman for the D.A's office says that senior officials are going to be briefed next week on the evidence against Grigorieva, the final step in determining whether to prosecute her for extortion, and Gibson for domestic violence.
More Mel Gibson News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent