Mel Gibson Flies to Guatemala for Charity Duty
Embattled Hollywood star Mel Gibson is leaving his personal woes behind and flying to Guatemala for a charity trip on Tuesday, March 8. Los Angeles prosecutors are expected to file misdemeanor domestic violence charges against the "Braveheart" star this week, stemming from allegations made by his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, following their bitter split in 2010. But Gibson is refusing to let his troubled personal life get in the way of his philanthropy and is traveling to Central America to boost a campaign to save the country's rainforest, reports TMZ.com.
The actor has been locked in a bitter battle with Grigorieva over custody of their baby daughter Lucia, with the Russian singer accusing Gibson of attacking her during a heated argument in January, 2010. A spokesman for the D.A's office says that senior officials are going to be briefed next week on the evidence against Grigorieva, the final step in determining whether to prosecute her for extortion, and Gibson for domestic violence.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March