Mel Gibson Flies to Guatemala for Charity Duty
Embattled Hollywood star Mel Gibson is leaving his personal woes behind and flying to Guatemala for a charity trip on Tuesday, March 8. Los Angeles prosecutors are expected to file misdemeanor domestic violence charges against the "Braveheart" star this week, stemming from allegations made by his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, following their bitter split in 2010. But Gibson is refusing to let his troubled personal life get in the way of his philanthropy and is traveling to Central America to boost a campaign to save the country's rainforest, reports TMZ.com.
The actor has been locked in a bitter battle with Grigorieva over custody of their baby daughter Lucia, with the Russian singer accusing Gibson of attacking her during a heated argument in January, 2010. A spokesman for the D.A's office says that senior officials are going to be briefed next week on the evidence against Grigorieva, the final step in determining whether to prosecute her for extortion, and Gibson for domestic violence.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season