No Feud Between Dr. Luke and Katy Perry, Rep Says
A spokesperson for producer Dr. Luke has slammed reports he's fallen out with pop star Katy Perry amid allegations they stopped speaking after a heated argument in January. The pair has enjoyed multiple chart successes since Perry shot to fame in 2008, co-writing hits like "Hot 'N Cold", "California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream", but recent reports suggested Perry had dropped Luke from her creative team after a disagreement shortly before the Grammy Awards last month.
A source tells the New York Post's Page Six column, "She got tired of his records, the same familiar sound, but mostly his attitude. Katy's a star now, and she's not going to be told what to do." However, Luke's representative has blasted the claims as "ridiculous", insisting the producer's working relationship with Perry is fine.
The rep says, "They just put the finishing touches on Katy's newest single, which they created together, in February. They had a great time, and the single is amazing. He wishes Katy nothing but continued success and looks forward to working with her again soon."
More Katy Perry News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans