Dougie Poynter Is Absent From Band's Performance on 'Daybreak'
British pop stars McFly have refused to let Dougie Poynter's admission to rehab halt their promotional duties - they performed on U.K. TV on Monday morning March 7, without the bassist. Vocalist/guitarist Tom Fletcher confirmed at the weekend that Poynter has checked into a clinic to deal with personal issues, believed to be linked to his split from The Saturdays star Frankie Sandford last year.
But the group is forging ahead with promotional duties for their new single "That's The Truth" and they appeared as a three-piece on U.K. TV show "Daybreak" on Monday, with Fletcher filling in for Poynter on bass. In a post on his Twitter.com page before the show, Fletcher wrote, "Yep, I'm on bass again for Daybreak. Way too early to be singing!"
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music