Dougie Poynter Is Absent From Band's Performance on 'Daybreak'
British pop stars McFly have refused to let Dougie Poynter's admission to rehab halt their promotional duties - they performed on U.K. TV on Monday morning March 7, without the bassist. Vocalist/guitarist Tom Fletcher confirmed at the weekend that Poynter has checked into a clinic to deal with personal issues, believed to be linked to his split from The Saturdays star Frankie Sandford last year.
But the group is forging ahead with promotional duties for their new single "That's The Truth" and they appeared as a three-piece on U.K. TV show "Daybreak" on Monday, with Fletcher filling in for Poynter on bass. In a post on his Twitter.com page before the show, Fletcher wrote, "Yep, I'm on bass again for Daybreak. Way too early to be singing!"
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations