Dougie Poynter Is Absent From Band's Performance on 'Daybreak'
British pop stars McFly have refused to let Dougie Poynter's admission to rehab halt their promotional duties - they performed on U.K. TV on Monday morning March 7, without the bassist. Vocalist/guitarist Tom Fletcher confirmed at the weekend that Poynter has checked into a clinic to deal with personal issues, believed to be linked to his split from The Saturdays star Frankie Sandford last year.
But the group is forging ahead with promotional duties for their new single "That's The Truth" and they appeared as a three-piece on U.K. TV show "Daybreak" on Monday, with Fletcher filling in for Poynter on bass. In a post on his Twitter.com page before the show, Fletcher wrote, "Yep, I'm on bass again for Daybreak. Way too early to be singing!"
More Dougie Poynter News
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future