Video: Daniel Craig Dressed as Drag for Women Equality
Movie tough guy Daniel Craig is showing off his feminine side after dressing in drag for a new film supporting women's rights. The "James Bond" star begins the two-minute short as the suave superspy, receiving a lecture from his secret service boss M about gender issues, pay inequality between the sexes, and domestic violence.
He then dons a blonde wig, patterned dress, black tights, high heels and earrings as M - played by Dame Judi Dench - reels off a series of harrowing examples of sexism and the poor treatment of women around the world. The clip, directed by Sam Taylor-Wood, will be shown in cinemas in Britain and streamed online to highlight International Women's Day on Tuesday, March 8.
"Nowhere Boy" director Taylor-Wood says, "Bond is challenged by M to think about gender inequality, and I hope that the film encourages viewers to do the same."
More Daniel Craig News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?