January Jones Refuses 'Grace Kelly' Role
"Mad Men" star January Jones has ruled out ever portraying 'Grace Kelly' in a movie biopic - she's convinced it would destroy her career. The actress has frequently been compared to the legendary Hollywood beauty but she's determined never to step into her shoes for a film role, because Kelly is too well known to movie fans.
Jones tells Britain's The Times, "I've been offered a couple of TV movies playing Grace Kelly and there was no way I would touch them with a seven foot pole. It would be career suicide. No one would watch them and come away saying anything other than, 'She's so not Grace Kelly.' "
She adds, "Cate Blanchett got it right as Katharine Hepburn, but generally it doesn't matter how much you look like that person or how good an actor you are, it's impossible."
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes