January Jones Refuses 'Grace Kelly' Role
"Mad Men" star January Jones has ruled out ever portraying 'Grace Kelly' in a movie biopic - she's convinced it would destroy her career. The actress has frequently been compared to the legendary Hollywood beauty but she's determined never to step into her shoes for a film role, because Kelly is too well known to movie fans.
Jones tells Britain's The Times, "I've been offered a couple of TV movies playing Grace Kelly and there was no way I would touch them with a seven foot pole. It would be career suicide. No one would watch them and come away saying anything other than, 'She's so not Grace Kelly.' "
She adds, "Cate Blanchett got it right as Katharine Hepburn, but generally it doesn't matter how much you look like that person or how good an actor you are, it's impossible."
More January Jones News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent