January Jones Refuses 'Grace Kelly' Role
"Mad Men" star January Jones has ruled out ever portraying 'Grace Kelly' in a movie biopic - she's convinced it would destroy her career. The actress has frequently been compared to the legendary Hollywood beauty but she's determined never to step into her shoes for a film role, because Kelly is too well known to movie fans.
Jones tells Britain's The Times, "I've been offered a couple of TV movies playing Grace Kelly and there was no way I would touch them with a seven foot pole. It would be career suicide. No one would watch them and come away saying anything other than, 'She's so not Grace Kelly.' "
She adds, "Cate Blanchett got it right as Katharine Hepburn, but generally it doesn't matter how much you look like that person or how good an actor you are, it's impossible."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic