January Jones Refuses 'Grace Kelly' Role
"Mad Men" star January Jones has ruled out ever portraying 'Grace Kelly' in a movie biopic - she's convinced it would destroy her career. The actress has frequently been compared to the legendary Hollywood beauty but she's determined never to step into her shoes for a film role, because Kelly is too well known to movie fans.
Jones tells Britain's The Times, "I've been offered a couple of TV movies playing Grace Kelly and there was no way I would touch them with a seven foot pole. It would be career suicide. No one would watch them and come away saying anything other than, 'She's so not Grace Kelly.' "
She adds, "Cate Blanchett got it right as Katharine Hepburn, but generally it doesn't matter how much you look like that person or how good an actor you are, it's impossible."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart