Chris Brown Is Solitary After Rihanna Fight
Chris Brown has opened up about the loneliness he felt in the aftermath of his notorious fight with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, as friends and colleagues distanced themselves from him. The R&B singer was left with an assault conviction after he beat the "Umbrella" hitmaker in a furious argument in 2009.
Brown's career nosedived in the wake of the incident and he admits that although some of his associates stood by him, the scandal left him with few friends in the music industry. He tells New York's Page Six Magazine, "A handful of people stuck by me. But when people see certain things happen to somebody, they usually turn away. They don't want to get involved with it because they don't want their name attached to anything negative."
But two years after the incident, Brown is convinced many of his former friends are coming back to him. He adds, "They wanna get on the record. They wanna let me back in the door. The last two years, everybody dissed me. But my fans were so dedicated. The way I look at it is, you can't walk around mad, because then you just prove everybody right that you're an angry person."
More Chris Brown News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl