Chris Brown Is Solitary After Rihanna Fight
Chris Brown has opened up about the loneliness he felt in the aftermath of his notorious fight with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, as friends and colleagues distanced themselves from him. The R&B singer was left with an assault conviction after he beat the "Umbrella" hitmaker in a furious argument in 2009.
Brown's career nosedived in the wake of the incident and he admits that although some of his associates stood by him, the scandal left him with few friends in the music industry. He tells New York's Page Six Magazine, "A handful of people stuck by me. But when people see certain things happen to somebody, they usually turn away. They don't want to get involved with it because they don't want their name attached to anything negative."
But two years after the incident, Brown is convinced many of his former friends are coming back to him. He adds, "They wanna get on the record. They wanna let me back in the door. The last two years, everybody dissed me. But my fans were so dedicated. The way I look at it is, you can't walk around mad, because then you just prove everybody right that you're an angry person."
More Chris Brown News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale