Chris Brown Is Solitary After Rihanna Fight
Chris Brown has opened up about the loneliness he felt in the aftermath of his notorious fight with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, as friends and colleagues distanced themselves from him. The R&B singer was left with an assault conviction after he beat the "Umbrella" hitmaker in a furious argument in 2009.
Brown's career nosedived in the wake of the incident and he admits that although some of his associates stood by him, the scandal left him with few friends in the music industry. He tells New York's Page Six Magazine, "A handful of people stuck by me. But when people see certain things happen to somebody, they usually turn away. They don't want to get involved with it because they don't want their name attached to anything negative."
But two years after the incident, Brown is convinced many of his former friends are coming back to him. He adds, "They wanna get on the record. They wanna let me back in the door. The last two years, everybody dissed me. But my fans were so dedicated. The way I look at it is, you can't walk around mad, because then you just prove everybody right that you're an angry person."
More Chris Brown News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle