Chris Brown Is Solitary After Rihanna Fight
Chris Brown has opened up about the loneliness he felt in the aftermath of his notorious fight with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, as friends and colleagues distanced themselves from him. The R&B singer was left with an assault conviction after he beat the "Umbrella" hitmaker in a furious argument in 2009.
Brown's career nosedived in the wake of the incident and he admits that although some of his associates stood by him, the scandal left him with few friends in the music industry. He tells New York's Page Six Magazine, "A handful of people stuck by me. But when people see certain things happen to somebody, they usually turn away. They don't want to get involved with it because they don't want their name attached to anything negative."
But two years after the incident, Brown is convinced many of his former friends are coming back to him. He adds, "They wanna get on the record. They wanna let me back in the door. The last two years, everybody dissed me. But my fans were so dedicated. The way I look at it is, you can't walk around mad, because then you just prove everybody right that you're an angry person."
More Chris Brown News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift