Charlie Sheen Planned to Hijack Russell Brand's 'SNL' Hosting
Charlie Sheen planned to poke fun at his hard-partying ways with former drug addict Russell Brand on "Saturday Night Live" - but his advisers stopped the skit over fears for his reputation. The troubled actor hit the headlines in October 2010 when cops were called to the Plaza Hotel in New York after he trashed his suite during a night of passion with adult actress Capri Anderson.
The "Two and a Half Men" star was desperate to spoof his infamous night in the Big Apple when Brand hosted SNL last month - but Sheen's worried representatives warned against the idea. Sheen tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I had this plan to fly to New York and hijack Russell Brand for "Saturday Night Live". (The skit) would be him tearing up the hotel and then I come out of the wings and go, 'No, no, no. This is amateur. This isn't what happened. Bring in some more dead hookers.'I got shut down. They said it created the illusion I was not taking rehab seriously."
But Sheen, who insists he has quit alcohol and drugs, has found a kindred spirit in Brand, adding: "He's a mad genius. He's a gift to all things galactic and extragalactic. He's got liquid magic. You don't speak to him, you just absorb him. He really doesn't care what people think - but they think he's awesome and they're right. He's awesome every second of every day because he's a winner."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake