Ill Jason Derulo Forced to Postpone Album Work
Singer Jason Derulo has been forced to postpone the recording of his new album after a doctor ordered him to rest his voice. The "Ridin' Solo" hitmaker has been in the studio working on the follow-up to his self-titled debut, but he's now taking a break to allow his sore throat to heal.
In a post on his Facebook.com page, Derulo explains, "So my throat doctor has put me on vocal rest for five days. Could you imagine not talking for five days? (It) sucks! Apparently if I don't let my chords heal, I may develop a serious problem. Such terrible timing, as I'm trying to complete my album!"
Just last week Derulo was on gear to complete his album. Ruling out a collaboration with British boy band JLS, he said, "Right now I'm trying to finish up my album so I wouldn't go and write a song for someone else. My focus is all on myself."
More Jason Derulo News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory