Kate Winslet Never Been Lonely and Happy to Be Single
Kate Winslet has spoken for the first time about her split from Sam Mendes, calling her single status "empowering" and insisting she is not "lonely". The "Titanic" star announced the end of her relationship with the filmmaker, her second husband, last March 2010 after nearly seven years of wedlock.
Winslet, who was linked to male model Louis Dowler after the separation, has now broken her silence about the breakdown of her marriage to Mendes, revealing she is embracing life as a single mum-of-two. She tells Vogue magazine, "(It's an) empowering thing... Experiencing those moments of being alone... is a very, very weird flooring and exposing position to be in when you're just not used to it. And it's not just being in a relationship. It's also the fact that I grew up in a family full of people. I've never been lonely. And with (kids) Mia and Joe that remains the case."
She adds, "But to be in this place now where I can say I really like this space. I really need to not have anyone around. It's a surprise to discover that I like being on my own." Winslet was previously married to Jim Threapleton, her daughter Mia's dad, but they divorced in 2001.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival