Kate Winslet Never Been Lonely and Happy to Be Single
Kate Winslet has spoken for the first time about her split from Sam Mendes, calling her single status "empowering" and insisting she is not "lonely". The "Titanic" star announced the end of her relationship with the filmmaker, her second husband, last March 2010 after nearly seven years of wedlock.
Winslet, who was linked to male model Louis Dowler after the separation, has now broken her silence about the breakdown of her marriage to Mendes, revealing she is embracing life as a single mum-of-two. She tells Vogue magazine, "(It's an) empowering thing... Experiencing those moments of being alone... is a very, very weird flooring and exposing position to be in when you're just not used to it. And it's not just being in a relationship. It's also the fact that I grew up in a family full of people. I've never been lonely. And with (kids) Mia and Joe that remains the case."
She adds, "But to be in this place now where I can say I really like this space. I really need to not have anyone around. It's a surprise to discover that I like being on my own." Winslet was previously married to Jim Threapleton, her daughter Mia's dad, but they divorced in 2001.
More Kate Winslet News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?