Christina Aguilera Accused of Sampling Old Song for 'Ain't No Other Man'
Christina Aguilera is embroiled in a lawsuit over allegations bosses at her record label sampled a 1968 song in her track "Ain't No Other Man" without paying the rightful owner. The singer's hit single reportedly uses a beat from Dave 'Baby' Cortez and the Moon People's soul song "Hippy Skippy Moon Strut".
According to legal papers, filed in New York, TufAmerica bought the exclusive rights to the original song in 2004, but Aguilera's label bosses at Sony made a deal with Codigo Music and the Clyde Otis Music Group to use the record. Heads at TufAmerica are now asking a court to declare them the rightful owner of the song and are seeking damages, reports TMZ.com.
Her song aside, Christina Aguilera recently got trouble with law after found drunk in a car with her boyfriend, Matthew Rutler. After taken to a pollice office for a while, she was released on bail.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked