Matt Damon Criticizes Barack Obama's Leadership
Hollywood star Matt Damon has taken aim at U.S. President Barack Obama for failing to fulfill his promises since he was voted into office. "The Bourne Identity" actor campaigned heavily for Obama to win the presidential race in 2008, but he admits he now feels let down by his failure to fix America's economy and unemployment levels.
He tells Britain's The Independent On Sunday, "I think he's rolled over to Wall Street completely. The economy has huge problems. We still have all these banks that are too big to fail. They're bigger and making more money than ever. Unemployment at 10 per cent? It's terrible... They had a chance that they don't have any more to stand up for things. They've probably squandered that at this point. They'll probably just make whatever deals they can to try and get elected again."
And Damon, whose mother is a teacher, has also been left unimpressed with Obama's handling of education in the country: "They have to get people who actually know about educating kids in positions of power. Now they're trying to get business people to come and manage schools like they're factories. It's not going to work."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3