Dougie Poynter of McFly Is In Rehab for Personal Issues
McFly star Dougie Poynter has checked into a rehabilitation center as he struggles to move on following his split from Frankie Sandford. The singer's on/off relationship with The Saturdays star came to an end in November 2010, marking their second split in less than a year.
And now Poynter has reportedly entered Britain's The Priory clinic for a month to overcome his personal issues. McFly bandmate Tom Fletcher has confirmed his pal is in rehab, writing on his Twitter.com page, "Obviously you're all reading rumors about Dougie. Please don't worry. We don't know what the tabloids will say tomorrow but he is in rehab. He's just been having a tough time lately and needed a few weeks rest so he's fighting fit and ready to slap that bass for you on tour."
Speaking about his heartache before he entered rehab, Poynter told Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's c**p, but what makes it worse is getting constant reminders. When it's a regular person, it's bad enough because you hear their name once in a while, or your mutual friends see them. But I see her bl**dy everywhere! In magazines, on TV, on the radio. It's horrible!"
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2