Dougie Poynter of McFly Is In Rehab for Personal Issues
McFly star Dougie Poynter has checked into a rehabilitation center as he struggles to move on following his split from Frankie Sandford. The singer's on/off relationship with The Saturdays star came to an end in November 2010, marking their second split in less than a year.
And now Poynter has reportedly entered Britain's The Priory clinic for a month to overcome his personal issues. McFly bandmate Tom Fletcher has confirmed his pal is in rehab, writing on his Twitter.com page, "Obviously you're all reading rumors about Dougie. Please don't worry. We don't know what the tabloids will say tomorrow but he is in rehab. He's just been having a tough time lately and needed a few weeks rest so he's fighting fit and ready to slap that bass for you on tour."
Speaking about his heartache before he entered rehab, Poynter told Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's c**p, but what makes it worse is getting constant reminders. When it's a regular person, it's bad enough because you hear their name once in a while, or your mutual friends see them. But I see her bl**dy everywhere! In magazines, on TV, on the radio. It's horrible!"
More Dougie Poynter News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival