Deadpool Movie Is Still in Progress, Says Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds has reassured fans his role as the Green Lantern won't interfere with a movie about his "X-Men" anti-hero "Deadpool", insisting the mutant spin-off is "still in the works". Reynolds is set to take over the big screen as the Green Lantern this summer, and devotees have expressed fears that plans for a "Deadpool" film will be shelved.
But the hunky actor is confident he will eventually be able to reprise his role as Deadpool, the sword-wielding mercenary he played in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "That's still in the works. I'm not sure how logistically it works in terms of scheduling, but yeah, I want it to happen."
And Reynolds admits he has no qualms about starring in two superhero franchises, adding: "Those two universes are completely different. Superhero movies are so pervasive now in pop culture, I don't look at them as superhero roles as much as just roles. They're such different people. 'Deadpool' is about a guy in a highly militarized shame spiral, 'Green Lantern' is more universally themed."
More Deadpool News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie