Deadpool Movie Is Still in Progress, Says Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds has reassured fans his role as the Green Lantern won't interfere with a movie about his "X-Men" anti-hero "Deadpool", insisting the mutant spin-off is "still in the works". Reynolds is set to take over the big screen as the Green Lantern this summer, and devotees have expressed fears that plans for a "Deadpool" film will be shelved.
But the hunky actor is confident he will eventually be able to reprise his role as Deadpool, the sword-wielding mercenary he played in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "That's still in the works. I'm not sure how logistically it works in terms of scheduling, but yeah, I want it to happen."
And Reynolds admits he has no qualms about starring in two superhero franchises, adding: "Those two universes are completely different. Superhero movies are so pervasive now in pop culture, I don't look at them as superhero roles as much as just roles. They're such different people. 'Deadpool' is about a guy in a highly militarized shame spiral, 'Green Lantern' is more universally themed."
More Deadpool News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service