Deadpool Movie Is Still in Progress, Says Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds has reassured fans his role as the Green Lantern won't interfere with a movie about his "X-Men" anti-hero "Deadpool", insisting the mutant spin-off is "still in the works". Reynolds is set to take over the big screen as the Green Lantern this summer, and devotees have expressed fears that plans for a "Deadpool" film will be shelved.
But the hunky actor is confident he will eventually be able to reprise his role as Deadpool, the sword-wielding mercenary he played in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "That's still in the works. I'm not sure how logistically it works in terms of scheduling, but yeah, I want it to happen."
And Reynolds admits he has no qualms about starring in two superhero franchises, adding: "Those two universes are completely different. Superhero movies are so pervasive now in pop culture, I don't look at them as superhero roles as much as just roles. They're such different people. 'Deadpool' is about a guy in a highly militarized shame spiral, 'Green Lantern' is more universally themed."
More Deadpool News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl