Deadpool Movie Is Still in Progress, Says Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds has reassured fans his role as the Green Lantern won't interfere with a movie about his "X-Men" anti-hero "Deadpool", insisting the mutant spin-off is "still in the works". Reynolds is set to take over the big screen as the Green Lantern this summer, and devotees have expressed fears that plans for a "Deadpool" film will be shelved.
But the hunky actor is confident he will eventually be able to reprise his role as Deadpool, the sword-wielding mercenary he played in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "That's still in the works. I'm not sure how logistically it works in terms of scheduling, but yeah, I want it to happen."
And Reynolds admits he has no qualms about starring in two superhero franchises, adding: "Those two universes are completely different. Superhero movies are so pervasive now in pop culture, I don't look at them as superhero roles as much as just roles. They're such different people. 'Deadpool' is about a guy in a highly militarized shame spiral, 'Green Lantern' is more universally themed."
More Deadpool News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending