Deadpool Movie Is Still in Progress, Says Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds has reassured fans his role as the Green Lantern won't interfere with a movie about his "X-Men" anti-hero "Deadpool", insisting the mutant spin-off is "still in the works". Reynolds is set to take over the big screen as the Green Lantern this summer, and devotees have expressed fears that plans for a "Deadpool" film will be shelved.
But the hunky actor is confident he will eventually be able to reprise his role as Deadpool, the sword-wielding mercenary he played in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "That's still in the works. I'm not sure how logistically it works in terms of scheduling, but yeah, I want it to happen."
And Reynolds admits he has no qualms about starring in two superhero franchises, adding: "Those two universes are completely different. Superhero movies are so pervasive now in pop culture, I don't look at them as superhero roles as much as just roles. They're such different people. 'Deadpool' is about a guy in a highly militarized shame spiral, 'Green Lantern' is more universally themed."
More Deadpool News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy