Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Story Behind Butterfly Tattoo
Vanessa Hudgens has explained the personal reasons behind her first tattoo and revealed she feels like a "bada**" for going under the needle. The former "High School Musical 4: East Meets West" star headed to a tattoo parlor in New York last month and left with a large butterfly inked on the back of her neck.
The actress has now opened up about her first piece of body art during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman", insisting the butterfly comes from a story her mother told her. She says, "A butterfly landed on my mom's stomach a week before I was born and that's how I got my name, because Vanessa means butterfly - it's a Latin derivative."
She adds, "It's my very first tattoo. I kind of feel like a bada** now."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch