Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Story Behind Butterfly Tattoo
Vanessa Hudgens has explained the personal reasons behind her first tattoo and revealed she feels like a "bada**" for going under the needle. The former "High School Musical 4: East Meets West" star headed to a tattoo parlor in New York last month and left with a large butterfly inked on the back of her neck.
The actress has now opened up about her first piece of body art during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman", insisting the butterfly comes from a story her mother told her. She says, "A butterfly landed on my mom's stomach a week before I was born and that's how I got my name, because Vanessa means butterfly - it's a Latin derivative."
She adds, "It's my very first tattoo. I kind of feel like a bada** now."
More Vanessa Hudgens News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie