Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Story Behind Butterfly Tattoo
Vanessa Hudgens has explained the personal reasons behind her first tattoo and revealed she feels like a "bada**" for going under the needle. The former "High School Musical 4: East Meets West" star headed to a tattoo parlor in New York last month and left with a large butterfly inked on the back of her neck.
The actress has now opened up about her first piece of body art during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman", insisting the butterfly comes from a story her mother told her. She says, "A butterfly landed on my mom's stomach a week before I was born and that's how I got my name, because Vanessa means butterfly - it's a Latin derivative."
She adds, "It's my very first tattoo. I kind of feel like a bada** now."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed