Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Story Behind Butterfly Tattoo
Vanessa Hudgens has explained the personal reasons behind her first tattoo and revealed she feels like a "bada**" for going under the needle. The former "High School Musical 4: East Meets West" star headed to a tattoo parlor in New York last month and left with a large butterfly inked on the back of her neck.
The actress has now opened up about her first piece of body art during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman", insisting the butterfly comes from a story her mother told her. She says, "A butterfly landed on my mom's stomach a week before I was born and that's how I got my name, because Vanessa means butterfly - it's a Latin derivative."
She adds, "It's my very first tattoo. I kind of feel like a bada** now."
More Vanessa Hudgens News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera