Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Story Behind Butterfly Tattoo
Vanessa Hudgens has explained the personal reasons behind her first tattoo and revealed she feels like a "bada**" for going under the needle. The former "High School Musical 4: East Meets West" star headed to a tattoo parlor in New York last month and left with a large butterfly inked on the back of her neck.
The actress has now opened up about her first piece of body art during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman", insisting the butterfly comes from a story her mother told her. She says, "A butterfly landed on my mom's stomach a week before I was born and that's how I got my name, because Vanessa means butterfly - it's a Latin derivative."
She adds, "It's my very first tattoo. I kind of feel like a bada** now."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen