David Arquette Is Unwilling to Have Pain Medication After Car Crash
David Arquette refused to take any pain medication following his car crash in Los Angeles over fears the pills would hamper his battle to stay sober. The actor was left bruised and bleeding after he swerved his Cadillac into oncoming traffic in West Hollywood and collided with another vehicle on Friday, March 4. He was taken to hospital to receive treatment for his injuries, but took to his Twitter.com page to assure fans he wasn't seriously hurt.
The "Scream 4" star, who spent much of January in rehab in a bid to kick his alcohol addiction, has now admitted he wouldn't let doctors prescribe him any pain pills as he doesn't want anything to interfere with his quest to quit drinking. He has also told fans he was on the way to the airport at the time of the crash to fly to Las Vegas to attend a restaurant opening - but has now canceled the trip.
In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I was on my way to catch a plane to Vegas to help my buddy Stevie D open his restaurant The Sugar Factory. So sad I'm going to miss it but glad to be alive for a rain check. Refused all pain medication - may the record state - still sober! It was a miracle the woman I hit was uninjured - thank God!"
Arquette has also admitted he wasn't wearing a seat belt at the time of the incident, and urged other road users to always buckle up. He adds, "Remember to wear your seat belt - wish I was."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri