David Arquette Is Unwilling to Have Pain Medication After Car Crash
David Arquette refused to take any pain medication following his car crash in Los Angeles over fears the pills would hamper his battle to stay sober. The actor was left bruised and bleeding after he swerved his Cadillac into oncoming traffic in West Hollywood and collided with another vehicle on Friday, March 4. He was taken to hospital to receive treatment for his injuries, but took to his Twitter.com page to assure fans he wasn't seriously hurt.
The "Scream 4" star, who spent much of January in rehab in a bid to kick his alcohol addiction, has now admitted he wouldn't let doctors prescribe him any pain pills as he doesn't want anything to interfere with his quest to quit drinking. He has also told fans he was on the way to the airport at the time of the crash to fly to Las Vegas to attend a restaurant opening - but has now canceled the trip.
In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I was on my way to catch a plane to Vegas to help my buddy Stevie D open his restaurant The Sugar Factory. So sad I'm going to miss it but glad to be alive for a rain check. Refused all pain medication - may the record state - still sober! It was a miracle the woman I hit was uninjured - thank God!"
Arquette has also admitted he wasn't wearing a seat belt at the time of the incident, and urged other road users to always buckle up. He adds, "Remember to wear your seat belt - wish I was."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences