Charlie Sheen to Join Sean Penn in Haiti for Charity
Embattled TV star Charlie Sheen is set to leave his troubles behind and join pal Sean Penn in Haiti as part of an aid trip. Penn has reached out to the actor amid his ongoing personal and professional battles in recent days and now Sheen is jetting off to Haiti to boost publicity for the Oscar winner's year-old mission to help the desperate and homeless survivors of last year's devastating earthquake.
The "Two and a Half Men" hopes to boost publicity for Penn's JP Haitian Relief Organization, which the movie star set up in the aftermath of last year's earthquake. In a call to news show Access Hollywood Live on Friday, March 4, Sheen confirmed he's heading to Haiti next week.
He revealed, "We have to do a couple of things first and then it looks like we're heading down. "I'm excited as hell because if I can bring the attention of the world down there then clearly the tsunami (of his celebrity) keeps crashing."
Sheen has been a regular fixture on TV and radio in America this week during a media blitz following news the producers of his hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" had canceled the remainder of the show's eighth season after the actor publicly berated writer/creator Chuck Lorre.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels