Charlie Sheen to Join Sean Penn in Haiti for Charity
Embattled TV star Charlie Sheen is set to leave his troubles behind and join pal Sean Penn in Haiti as part of an aid trip. Penn has reached out to the actor amid his ongoing personal and professional battles in recent days and now Sheen is jetting off to Haiti to boost publicity for the Oscar winner's year-old mission to help the desperate and homeless survivors of last year's devastating earthquake.
The "Two and a Half Men" hopes to boost publicity for Penn's JP Haitian Relief Organization, which the movie star set up in the aftermath of last year's earthquake. In a call to news show Access Hollywood Live on Friday, March 4, Sheen confirmed he's heading to Haiti next week.
He revealed, "We have to do a couple of things first and then it looks like we're heading down. "I'm excited as hell because if I can bring the attention of the world down there then clearly the tsunami (of his celebrity) keeps crashing."
Sheen has been a regular fixture on TV and radio in America this week during a media blitz following news the producers of his hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" had canceled the remainder of the show's eighth season after the actor publicly berated writer/creator Chuck Lorre.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri