Prince Harry Cancels Dubai Trip Due to the Unrest
British royal Prince Harry has canceled an upcoming trip to Dubai due to the current unrest in the Middle East. The 26-year-old son of Charles, Prince of Wales was due to jet to the United Arab Emirates later this month to take part in a charity polo match to raise money for Sentebale, an organization which helps vulnerable children in Lesotho.
He has now pulled out of the game and the event has been scrapped, with a statement from the royal's spokesperson blaming the cancellation on the troubles in the Middle East and North Africa which has seen riots in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. The statement reads, "Prince Harry will no longer be making his planned visit to Dubai on 19th March."
"As a consequence, the Sentebale Polo Cup - scheduled to coincide with Prince Harry's visit - has been canceled. Prince Harry was very much looking forward to the visit, but feels that it would be insensitive for him to participate in a sporting event at a time when there are matters of greater priority to focus on in the region. Prince Harry looks forward to other opportunities to visit Dubai in the future."
More Prince Harry News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media