Prince Harry Cancels Dubai Trip Due to the Unrest
British royal Prince Harry has canceled an upcoming trip to Dubai due to the current unrest in the Middle East. The 26-year-old son of Charles, Prince of Wales was due to jet to the United Arab Emirates later this month to take part in a charity polo match to raise money for Sentebale, an organization which helps vulnerable children in Lesotho.
He has now pulled out of the game and the event has been scrapped, with a statement from the royal's spokesperson blaming the cancellation on the troubles in the Middle East and North Africa which has seen riots in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. The statement reads, "Prince Harry will no longer be making his planned visit to Dubai on 19th March."
"As a consequence, the Sentebale Polo Cup - scheduled to coincide with Prince Harry's visit - has been canceled. Prince Harry was very much looking forward to the visit, but feels that it would be insensitive for him to participate in a sporting event at a time when there are matters of greater priority to focus on in the region. Prince Harry looks forward to other opportunities to visit Dubai in the future."
More Prince Harry News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?