Prince Harry Cancels Dubai Trip Due to the Unrest
British royal Prince Harry has canceled an upcoming trip to Dubai due to the current unrest in the Middle East. The 26-year-old son of Charles, Prince of Wales was due to jet to the United Arab Emirates later this month to take part in a charity polo match to raise money for Sentebale, an organization which helps vulnerable children in Lesotho.
He has now pulled out of the game and the event has been scrapped, with a statement from the royal's spokesperson blaming the cancellation on the troubles in the Middle East and North Africa which has seen riots in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. The statement reads, "Prince Harry will no longer be making his planned visit to Dubai on 19th March."
"As a consequence, the Sentebale Polo Cup - scheduled to coincide with Prince Harry's visit - has been canceled. Prince Harry was very much looking forward to the visit, but feels that it would be insensitive for him to participate in a sporting event at a time when there are matters of greater priority to focus on in the region. Prince Harry looks forward to other opportunities to visit Dubai in the future."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked