Prince Harry Cancels Dubai Trip Due to the Unrest
British royal Prince Harry has canceled an upcoming trip to Dubai due to the current unrest in the Middle East. The 26-year-old son of Charles, Prince of Wales was due to jet to the United Arab Emirates later this month to take part in a charity polo match to raise money for Sentebale, an organization which helps vulnerable children in Lesotho.
He has now pulled out of the game and the event has been scrapped, with a statement from the royal's spokesperson blaming the cancellation on the troubles in the Middle East and North Africa which has seen riots in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. The statement reads, "Prince Harry will no longer be making his planned visit to Dubai on 19th March."
"As a consequence, the Sentebale Polo Cup - scheduled to coincide with Prince Harry's visit - has been canceled. Prince Harry was very much looking forward to the visit, but feels that it would be insensitive for him to participate in a sporting event at a time when there are matters of greater priority to focus on in the region. Prince Harry looks forward to other opportunities to visit Dubai in the future."
More Prince Harry News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two