Britney Spears: There's Nothing to Say About Troubled Past
Britney Spears is determined to keep the media focus on her music as she prepares to launch her latest comeback album, insisting she has "nothing to say" about her past troubles. The "Toxic" hitmaker has endured a rocky few years since losing custody of her two young sons in 2008, after refusing to hand them over to ex-husband Kevin Federline at the end of an agreed visitation - she was hospitalized twice in a month and her father was subsequently handed control of her personal and financial affairs.
The conservator ship still stands as Spears prepares for the release of her new album, "Femme Fatale", later this month. But she insists anyone who wants to discuss her private life in upcoming interviews will be shut down fast - because she refuses to get personal.
She tells V Magazine, "There's nothing to say. I'll let the music speak for me. I'm past all of that (tabloid gossip). I try to block it all out and not pay attention to anything they write about me in the magazines or online. I'm done with that. I have learned to always stay true to myself and never let what other people say about me change who I am. It's a really important lesson that took me a long time to learn."
And Spears admits she would have no problem giving up her public persona if she feels herself struggling under the pressure of the spotlight. She says, "I'd be a full-time mum, which would be cool. I'd miss my fans and all of the love the most, but I definitely would not miss having my picture taken everywhere I go. I think it's easier to let people in when you're younger, but when I became a mother I wanted more privacy for myself and my children."
More Britney Spears News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!