Vanessa Hudgens Glad 'Crazy' Days of 'High School Musical' Are Over
Actress Vanessa Hudgens was quietly relieved when her "High School Musical" days ended after one "crazy" fan experience in London left her fearing for her life. The star shot to fame in 2006 after landing a role in the Disney musical franchise, alongside co-stars Zac Efron and Ashley Tisdale, but the fan frenzy surrounding the TV and film series became a little too much to handle on one promotional trip to the U.K.
Hudgens, 22, explains, "One time we were in London after a signing and there were just hundreds and hundreds of fans there. We were sitting there (in a car) and I was actually scared for my life for the first time, because the fans were rocking the car so hard that I was afraid they were gonna tip the car over! It gets crazy."
The last film in the musical series, "High School Musical 3: Senior Year", was released in 2008.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'