Courtney Love Settles Defamation Suit With Money
Courtney Love has settled her defamation lawsuit with fashion designer Dawn Simorangkir for a reported $430,000. Simorangkir filed a lawsuit against the rocker in 2009 after claiming she was defamed in a series of messages Love posted on Twitter.com.
The fashion designer accused the Hole singer of ruining her business. Love insisted her online comments were opinion, and therefore protected under law. A trial was scheduled to begin in January but the two women have sorted out their differences.
Love has reportedly agreed to hand over a lump sum immediately and will make a series of payments over the next three years. Simorangkir's lawyer Bryan Freedman tells The Hollywood Reporter, "The amount of the settlement says it all. Her (Love) reprehensible defamatory comments were completely false and $430,000 is quite a significant way to say I am sorry. One would hope that, given this disaster, restraint of pen, tongue and tweet would guide Ms. Love's future conduct."
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'