Courtney Love Settles Defamation Suit With Money
Courtney Love has settled her defamation lawsuit with fashion designer Dawn Simorangkir for a reported $430,000. Simorangkir filed a lawsuit against the rocker in 2009 after claiming she was defamed in a series of messages Love posted on Twitter.com.
The fashion designer accused the Hole singer of ruining her business. Love insisted her online comments were opinion, and therefore protected under law. A trial was scheduled to begin in January but the two women have sorted out their differences.
Love has reportedly agreed to hand over a lump sum immediately and will make a series of payments over the next three years. Simorangkir's lawyer Bryan Freedman tells The Hollywood Reporter, "The amount of the settlement says it all. Her (Love) reprehensible defamatory comments were completely false and $430,000 is quite a significant way to say I am sorry. One would hope that, given this disaster, restraint of pen, tongue and tweet would guide Ms. Love's future conduct."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic