La Toya Jackson Fights Against Domestic Violence
Singer La Toya Jackson has urged women trapped in abusive relationships to "walk away" after allegedly suffering in silence for years at the hands of her ex-husband and former manager Jack Gordon. Michael Jackson's older sister claims she was forced into the 1987 marriage against her will, and was reportedly subjected to domestic violence throughout the union. She filed for divorce in 1997.
La Toya has previously accused Gordon of beating her so badly during one heated altercation, she lost consciousness and was allegedly left for dead. The singer admits it was only after she worked up the courage to leave her husband that she was finally able to find her voice, and she taken it upon herself to encourage other women in similar situations to break free.
In an interview with U.S. talk show host Wendy Williams on Thursday, March 3, she says, "(There was) a lot of abuse, he was hitting me constantly... I'm starting over, now I can be me...I'm really for women who are being abused and things of that nature. I think it's so important for us to speak out and say something, because... it's important for women to know one time is one too many. If he hits you once, I promise you he will hit you again, so please walk away, please."
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles