Jennifer Lopez's 'On the Floor' Gets 'Idol' Boost on Hot 100
Jennifer Lopez's new role as an "American Idol" judge appears to have given her a big career boost - her new single has debuted in the U.S. top 10, marking her highest new entry ever. "On The Floor" is the singer's first top 10 as a lead artist since she scored a number one with "All I Have" in 2003.
The new song, which features rapper Pitbull, debuts at number nine on the new Billboard Hot 100 countdown. The video accompanying the track premiered during "American Idol" 's results show in America on Thursday, March 3 night.
Meanwhile, Lady GaGa has scored a third week at number one with "Born This Way", which has sailed past the one million downloads mark in the past week to become the fifth bestselling digital track of 2011.
Cee Lo Green's "F**k You" remains at two on the new chart, while Bruno Mars' "Grenade", "F**kin Perfect" by Pink and Rihanna's "S&M" round out the new top five. The cast of "Glee" score three more new entries on the Hot 100, taking their record-breaking tally of chart hits to 120 - 12 more than Elvis Presley.
And fiddler Charlie Daniels lands his first Hot 100 hit since 1982 thanks to his "Country Boy" collaboration with Aaron Lewis and George Jones.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI