Jennifer Lopez's 'On the Floor' Gets 'Idol' Boost on Hot 100
Jennifer Lopez's new role as an "American Idol" judge appears to have given her a big career boost - her new single has debuted in the U.S. top 10, marking her highest new entry ever. "On The Floor" is the singer's first top 10 as a lead artist since she scored a number one with "All I Have" in 2003.
The new song, which features rapper Pitbull, debuts at number nine on the new Billboard Hot 100 countdown. The video accompanying the track premiered during "American Idol" 's results show in America on Thursday, March 3 night.
Meanwhile, Lady GaGa has scored a third week at number one with "Born This Way", which has sailed past the one million downloads mark in the past week to become the fifth bestselling digital track of 2011.
Cee Lo Green's "F**k You" remains at two on the new chart, while Bruno Mars' "Grenade", "F**kin Perfect" by Pink and Rihanna's "S&M" round out the new top five. The cast of "Glee" score three more new entries on the Hot 100, taking their record-breaking tally of chart hits to 120 - 12 more than Elvis Presley.
And fiddler Charlie Daniels lands his first Hot 100 hit since 1982 thanks to his "Country Boy" collaboration with Aaron Lewis and George Jones.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande