Kylie Minogue Bursts Into Tears After Cancer Chat on TV
Kylie Minogue cut short an Australian TV interview at the weekend after breaking down in tears during a chat about cancer. The singing superstar this week celebrated five years all-clear since her battle with breast cancer, but proved the memory of her illness is still raw during a recording of "The Morning Show" on Sunday night, February 27.
Minogue became tearful as she described visiting a children's hospital ward when she was ill, telling TV host Molly Meldrum, "I was talking to some parents across the other side of a bed and their child was there. I was saying the things that I would normally say in that situation, just making conversation with the child, with the parents, giving them some support as well, and then they really caught me off guard. They just eyeballed me and said 'How are you, and we hope you get through it' and it's like..."
The "Spinning Around: the Kylie Minogue Story" star struggled to speak and became so upset she fled the studio to compose herself, explaining on her return, "The reason that that gets me is... the humanity of it and there's certain moments where that really cuts through."
More Kylie Minogue News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story