Director 'Thrilled' to Have Diane Lane as Superman's Mom
Diane Lane has signed up to star in the new movie as the Man of Steel's adoptive mum. The actress has been cast in the role of Martha Kent, who adopts the young superhero, to be played by Henry Cavill, after he lands on Earth in a rocket from the planet Krypton.
Director Zack Snyder said in a statement, "This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman. We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination."
Last month, it was reported that director Zack Snyder had recruited Kevin Costner to star as Superman's dad, Jonathan. "The Man of Steel" is expected to be released next year.
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer