Director 'Thrilled' to Have Diane Lane as Superman's Mom
Diane Lane has signed up to star in the new movie as the Man of Steel's adoptive mum. The actress has been cast in the role of Martha Kent, who adopts the young superhero, to be played by Henry Cavill, after he lands on Earth in a rocket from the planet Krypton.
Director Zack Snyder said in a statement, "This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman. We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination."
Last month, it was reported that director Zack Snyder had recruited Kevin Costner to star as Superman's dad, Jonathan. "The Man of Steel" is expected to be released next year.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son