Amanda Seyfried Reveals 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Will Never Be on Screen
Amanda Seyfried is adamant a "Mamma Mia!"sequel will never make it to the big screen because script writers have nowhere to take the story. The ABBA stage show became a box office phenomenon when it was transformed into a 2008 film, overtaking "Grease" as the world's top-earning movie musical after pulling in a mammoth $600 million in global ticket sales.
Following the film's success, Seyfried admitted she spread rumor of a sequel around Hollywood because she was desperate to return to her role as lovestruck Sophie. But now the actress has conceded she will never play the part again - as film bosses would struggle to put together a new installment.
She tells Britain's Marie Claire magazine, "F**k no! That's never gonna happen. Like, what would they do? What would they write about? How would they get all the actors back?"
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?