Amanda Seyfried Reveals 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Will Never Be on Screen
Amanda Seyfried is adamant a "Mamma Mia!"sequel will never make it to the big screen because script writers have nowhere to take the story. The ABBA stage show became a box office phenomenon when it was transformed into a 2008 film, overtaking "Grease" as the world's top-earning movie musical after pulling in a mammoth $600 million in global ticket sales.
Following the film's success, Seyfried admitted she spread rumor of a sequel around Hollywood because she was desperate to return to her role as lovestruck Sophie. But now the actress has conceded she will never play the part again - as film bosses would struggle to put together a new installment.
She tells Britain's Marie Claire magazine, "F**k no! That's never gonna happen. Like, what would they do? What would they write about? How would they get all the actors back?"
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says