Amanda Seyfried Reveals 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Will Never Be on Screen
Amanda Seyfried is adamant a "Mamma Mia!"sequel will never make it to the big screen because script writers have nowhere to take the story. The ABBA stage show became a box office phenomenon when it was transformed into a 2008 film, overtaking "Grease" as the world's top-earning movie musical after pulling in a mammoth $600 million in global ticket sales.
Following the film's success, Seyfried admitted she spread rumor of a sequel around Hollywood because she was desperate to return to her role as lovestruck Sophie. But now the actress has conceded she will never play the part again - as film bosses would struggle to put together a new installment.
She tells Britain's Marie Claire magazine, "F**k no! That's never gonna happen. Like, what would they do? What would they write about? How would they get all the actors back?"
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer