Amanda Seyfried Reveals 'Mamma Mia!' Sequel Will Never Be on Screen
Amanda Seyfried is adamant a "Mamma Mia!"sequel will never make it to the big screen because script writers have nowhere to take the story. The ABBA stage show became a box office phenomenon when it was transformed into a 2008 film, overtaking "Grease" as the world's top-earning movie musical after pulling in a mammoth $600 million in global ticket sales.
Following the film's success, Seyfried admitted she spread rumor of a sequel around Hollywood because she was desperate to return to her role as lovestruck Sophie. But now the actress has conceded she will never play the part again - as film bosses would struggle to put together a new installment.
She tells Britain's Marie Claire magazine, "F**k no! That's never gonna happen. Like, what would they do? What would they write about? How would they get all the actors back?"
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'