Black Eyed Peas Plan New York Charity Show
The Black Eyed Peas are reportedly planning to raise money for charity by holding a massive show in New York City's Central Park this summer. The group, fronted by Fergie and will.i.am, is said to have scheduled a fundraising gig for June 9 on the famous Great Lawn, following in the footsteps of stars including Sir Elton John, Bon Jovi, and Simon & Garfunkel, who have all played in the park.
A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "The concert has been set up with Mayor Bloomberg's office. They want it to rival the concert that Simon & Garfunkel did in Central Park." The band are said to be taking inspiration from Simon & Garfunkel whose 1981 gig in Central Park, New York attracted 500,000 fans.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'