Black Eyed Peas Plan New York Charity Show
The Black Eyed Peas are reportedly planning to raise money for charity by holding a massive show in New York City's Central Park this summer. The group, fronted by Fergie and will.i.am, is said to have scheduled a fundraising gig for June 9 on the famous Great Lawn, following in the footsteps of stars including Sir Elton John, Bon Jovi, and Simon & Garfunkel, who have all played in the park.
A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "The concert has been set up with Mayor Bloomberg's office. They want it to rival the concert that Simon & Garfunkel did in Central Park." The band are said to be taking inspiration from Simon & Garfunkel whose 1981 gig in Central Park, New York attracted 500,000 fans.
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child