Jason Derulo: I'm Too Busy for JLS Duet
R&B singer Jason Derulo has been forced to turn down a collaboration with hit British boy band JLS - because he's too busy writing tracks for his own album. The U.K. band has enjoyed stellar chart success since appearing on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" in 2008 - racking up four number one singles and two top-selling records.
The group signed a deal in the U.S. with Jive Records last year, and hoped Derulo's songwriting skills would help launch them Stateside. But the "Whatcha Say" hitmaker has had to refuse a duet with the "Beat Again" stars because of his own hectic schedule.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "Right now I'm trying to finish up my album so I wouldn't go and write a song for someone else. My focus is all on myself. I can't believe JLS are on their third album already. Things are much faster here than in America. People crank out albums one after another, which is awesome. I'm always open to collaborating but while my schedule allows me to do a lot it also deters a lot of things I want to do. I have to go with what's most important at that specific time."
More Jason Derulo News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...