Jason Derulo: I'm Too Busy for JLS Duet
R&B singer Jason Derulo has been forced to turn down a collaboration with hit British boy band JLS - because he's too busy writing tracks for his own album. The U.K. band has enjoyed stellar chart success since appearing on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" in 2008 - racking up four number one singles and two top-selling records.
The group signed a deal in the U.S. with Jive Records last year, and hoped Derulo's songwriting skills would help launch them Stateside. But the "Whatcha Say" hitmaker has had to refuse a duet with the "Beat Again" stars because of his own hectic schedule.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "Right now I'm trying to finish up my album so I wouldn't go and write a song for someone else. My focus is all on myself. I can't believe JLS are on their third album already. Things are much faster here than in America. People crank out albums one after another, which is awesome. I'm always open to collaborating but while my schedule allows me to do a lot it also deters a lot of things I want to do. I have to go with what's most important at that specific time."
More Jason Derulo News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'