Jason Derulo: I'm Too Busy for JLS Duet
R&B singer Jason Derulo has been forced to turn down a collaboration with hit British boy band JLS - because he's too busy writing tracks for his own album. The U.K. band has enjoyed stellar chart success since appearing on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" in 2008 - racking up four number one singles and two top-selling records.
The group signed a deal in the U.S. with Jive Records last year, and hoped Derulo's songwriting skills would help launch them Stateside. But the "Whatcha Say" hitmaker has had to refuse a duet with the "Beat Again" stars because of his own hectic schedule.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "Right now I'm trying to finish up my album so I wouldn't go and write a song for someone else. My focus is all on myself. I can't believe JLS are on their third album already. Things are much faster here than in America. People crank out albums one after another, which is awesome. I'm always open to collaborating but while my schedule allows me to do a lot it also deters a lot of things I want to do. I have to go with what's most important at that specific time."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch