Jason Derulo: I'm Too Busy for JLS Duet
R&B singer Jason Derulo has been forced to turn down a collaboration with hit British boy band JLS - because he's too busy writing tracks for his own album. The U.K. band has enjoyed stellar chart success since appearing on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" in 2008 - racking up four number one singles and two top-selling records.
The group signed a deal in the U.S. with Jive Records last year, and hoped Derulo's songwriting skills would help launch them Stateside. But the "Whatcha Say" hitmaker has had to refuse a duet with the "Beat Again" stars because of his own hectic schedule.
He tells Britain's Daily Star, "Right now I'm trying to finish up my album so I wouldn't go and write a song for someone else. My focus is all on myself. I can't believe JLS are on their third album already. Things are much faster here than in America. People crank out albums one after another, which is awesome. I'm always open to collaborating but while my schedule allows me to do a lot it also deters a lot of things I want to do. I have to go with what's most important at that specific time."
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes