Deryck Whibley Hospitalized With Severe Pneumonia
Rockers Sum 41 have been forced to cancel a series of gigs as frontman Deryck Whibley battles a severe bout of pneumonia. The singer fell ill on the Australian leg of the band's tour and is currently receiving treatment in Sydney, prompting the group to postpone a number of forthcoming concerts.
A statement posted on Sum 41's website reads: "We regret to inform everyone that we have had to cancel a few shows due to Whibley being hospitalized with severe pneumonia. Whibley is currently being treated in a Sydney hospital. Doctors are doing their best to beat the pneumonia and Whibley will remain in Sydney until he has recovered."
The band has yet to reschedule the dates but the musicians have promised to resume their Screaming Bloody Murder trek once Whibley recovers. It's not the first time the "Fat Lip" hitmakers have been forced to call off gigs for Whibley - he was hospitalized in August 2010 after he suffered a slipped disc in a bar brawl in Japan.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound