Deryck Whibley Hospitalized With Severe Pneumonia
Rockers Sum 41 have been forced to cancel a series of gigs as frontman Deryck Whibley battles a severe bout of pneumonia. The singer fell ill on the Australian leg of the band's tour and is currently receiving treatment in Sydney, prompting the group to postpone a number of forthcoming concerts.
A statement posted on Sum 41's website reads: "We regret to inform everyone that we have had to cancel a few shows due to Whibley being hospitalized with severe pneumonia. Whibley is currently being treated in a Sydney hospital. Doctors are doing their best to beat the pneumonia and Whibley will remain in Sydney until he has recovered."
The band has yet to reschedule the dates but the musicians have promised to resume their Screaming Bloody Murder trek once Whibley recovers. It's not the first time the "Fat Lip" hitmakers have been forced to call off gigs for Whibley - he was hospitalized in August 2010 after he suffered a slipped disc in a bar brawl in Japan.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'