Deryck Whibley Hospitalized With Severe Pneumonia
Rockers Sum 41 have been forced to cancel a series of gigs as frontman Deryck Whibley battles a severe bout of pneumonia. The singer fell ill on the Australian leg of the band's tour and is currently receiving treatment in Sydney, prompting the group to postpone a number of forthcoming concerts.
A statement posted on Sum 41's website reads: "We regret to inform everyone that we have had to cancel a few shows due to Whibley being hospitalized with severe pneumonia. Whibley is currently being treated in a Sydney hospital. Doctors are doing their best to beat the pneumonia and Whibley will remain in Sydney until he has recovered."
The band has yet to reschedule the dates but the musicians have promised to resume their Screaming Bloody Murder trek once Whibley recovers. It's not the first time the "Fat Lip" hitmakers have been forced to call off gigs for Whibley - he was hospitalized in August 2010 after he suffered a slipped disc in a bar brawl in Japan.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics