Jessica Alba Read to Third Graders to Fight Illiteracy
Pregnant actress Jessica Alba gave up her time on Wednesday, March 2 to volunteer at a children's reading project in Washington, D.C. The star, who is expecting her second baby later this year, took her two-year-old daughter Honor along to the Read Across America initiative at the Library of Congress.
She treated a group of youngsters to a re-telling of Dr. Seuss classic "The Cat in the Hat" and posed with her captivated audience for a photo, which she posted on her Twitter.com page. In an accompanying post, Alba writes, "Read The Cat In The Hat to 3rd graders. Read across America event. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! So fun! Amazing event 2day & across our country."
Speaking at the event, which was also attended by U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama and actress Bridget Moynahan, Alba told USA Today, "I support any literacy program. I read to my daughter. We love books, she loves Dr. Seuss, so that will be fun for her to participate in this event."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation