Jessica Alba Read to Third Graders to Fight Illiteracy
Pregnant actress Jessica Alba gave up her time on Wednesday, March 2 to volunteer at a children's reading project in Washington, D.C. The star, who is expecting her second baby later this year, took her two-year-old daughter Honor along to the Read Across America initiative at the Library of Congress.
She treated a group of youngsters to a re-telling of Dr. Seuss classic "The Cat in the Hat" and posed with her captivated audience for a photo, which she posted on her Twitter.com page. In an accompanying post, Alba writes, "Read The Cat In The Hat to 3rd graders. Read across America event. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! So fun! Amazing event 2day & across our country."
Speaking at the event, which was also attended by U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama and actress Bridget Moynahan, Alba told USA Today, "I support any literacy program. I read to my daughter. We love books, she loves Dr. Seuss, so that will be fun for her to participate in this event."
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer