Tim Allen and Tom Hanks Will Be Reunited for 'Jungle Cruise'
"Toy Story" stars Tim Allen and Tom Hanks are to leave their animated toy characters behind and team up on a "Jungle Cruise". The actors, who voiced Buzz Lightyear and Woody in the "Toy Story" trilogy, have signed on to star in the latest movie adaptation of a Disney theme park ride.
Allen will play a tour guide and Hanks a tourist in the comedy adventure movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Jungle Cruise isn't the only theme park ride set to become a movie franchise - Disney bosses have also green-lighted films inspired by attractions "The Haunted Mansion" and "Magic Kingdom", while the fourth film in the "Pirates of the Caribbean 5" series is due for release later this May.
The story's details are being kept under wraps, but Disney is planning "Jungle Cruise" as a big action-adventure movie with aspects that will make it more than just a straight-up adventure.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!