'Cars 2' Director: Paul Newman and Doc Will Be Honored
The "Cars 2" sequel will feature a touching tribute to late movie icon Paul Newman, who voiced the role of Doc Hudson in the 2006 original. Newman's car character will not appear in the new movie, but Newman and Doc will be honored, according to director John Lasseter.
He tells the Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames blog, "We have a lovely tribute to Paul in the movie, but we didn't feel it would be right to include him or the character."
Newman's Hudson was a former champion race car before a terrible accident ended its career. He became a doctor, life coach and elder of Radiator Springs - the forgotten California desert town where race ace Lighting McQueen finds himself stranded.
The "Cars 2" sequel movie will arrive in theaters on June 24. It portrays Lightning McQueen and Mater traveling around the world for the Race of Champions that includes other disciplines like Formula One. Mater ends up in a 'Hitchcockian' case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and becomes embroiled in a spy thriller, but no one believes him.
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair