'Cars 2' Director: Paul Newman and Doc Will Be Honored
The "Cars 2" sequel will feature a touching tribute to late movie icon Paul Newman, who voiced the role of Doc Hudson in the 2006 original. Newman's car character will not appear in the new movie, but Newman and Doc will be honored, according to director John Lasseter.
He tells the Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames blog, "We have a lovely tribute to Paul in the movie, but we didn't feel it would be right to include him or the character."
Newman's Hudson was a former champion race car before a terrible accident ended its career. He became a doctor, life coach and elder of Radiator Springs - the forgotten California desert town where race ace Lighting McQueen finds himself stranded.
The "Cars 2" sequel movie will arrive in theaters on June 24. It portrays Lightning McQueen and Mater traveling around the world for the Race of Champions that includes other disciplines like Formula One. Mater ends up in a 'Hitchcockian' case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and becomes embroiled in a spy thriller, but no one believes him.
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit