'Cars 2' Director: Paul Newman and Doc Will Be Honored
The "Cars 2" sequel will feature a touching tribute to late movie icon Paul Newman, who voiced the role of Doc Hudson in the 2006 original. Newman's car character will not appear in the new movie, but Newman and Doc will be honored, according to director John Lasseter.
He tells the Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames blog, "We have a lovely tribute to Paul in the movie, but we didn't feel it would be right to include him or the character."
Newman's Hudson was a former champion race car before a terrible accident ended its career. He became a doctor, life coach and elder of Radiator Springs - the forgotten California desert town where race ace Lighting McQueen finds himself stranded.
The "Cars 2" sequel movie will arrive in theaters on June 24. It portrays Lightning McQueen and Mater traveling around the world for the Race of Champions that includes other disciplines like Formula One. Mater ends up in a 'Hitchcockian' case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and becomes embroiled in a spy thriller, but no one believes him.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy