'Cars 2' Director: Paul Newman and Doc Will Be Honored
The "Cars 2" sequel will feature a touching tribute to late movie icon Paul Newman, who voiced the role of Doc Hudson in the 2006 original. Newman's car character will not appear in the new movie, but Newman and Doc will be honored, according to director John Lasseter.
He tells the Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames blog, "We have a lovely tribute to Paul in the movie, but we didn't feel it would be right to include him or the character."
Newman's Hudson was a former champion race car before a terrible accident ended its career. He became a doctor, life coach and elder of Radiator Springs - the forgotten California desert town where race ace Lighting McQueen finds himself stranded.
The "Cars 2" sequel movie will arrive in theaters on June 24. It portrays Lightning McQueen and Mater traveling around the world for the Race of Champions that includes other disciplines like Formula One. Mater ends up in a 'Hitchcockian' case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and becomes embroiled in a spy thriller, but no one believes him.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story