'Cars 2' Director: Paul Newman and Doc Will Be Honored
The "Cars 2" sequel will feature a touching tribute to late movie icon Paul Newman, who voiced the role of Doc Hudson in the 2006 original. Newman's car character will not appear in the new movie, but Newman and Doc will be honored, according to director John Lasseter.
He tells the Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames blog, "We have a lovely tribute to Paul in the movie, but we didn't feel it would be right to include him or the character."
Newman's Hudson was a former champion race car before a terrible accident ended its career. He became a doctor, life coach and elder of Radiator Springs - the forgotten California desert town where race ace Lighting McQueen finds himself stranded.
The "Cars 2" sequel movie will arrive in theaters on June 24. It portrays Lightning McQueen and Mater traveling around the world for the Race of Champions that includes other disciplines like Formula One. Mater ends up in a 'Hitchcockian' case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and becomes embroiled in a spy thriller, but no one believes him.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion