Eva Longoria Denounces Budget Cuts for Intellectual Disabilities
"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria showed her support for her native Texas by speaking out against planned budget cuts at a rally on Tuesday, March 1. The actress addressed a crowd of more than 1,000 in San Antonio to denounce proposed cuts to services for people with intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD).
Longoria, who co-founded a programme for those with IDD in San Antonio, argued that the community will suffer if state authorities slash funding. The star told her fellow Texans, "When I heard about the budget cuts in Texas, I was outraged, personally hurt. We need those in Austin to hear us loud and clear - this is not OK!"
She was joined at the event by her mentally challenged sister Liza, before meeting with state legislators to discuss the controversial cuts.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards