Eva Longoria Denounces Budget Cuts for Intellectual Disabilities
"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria showed her support for her native Texas by speaking out against planned budget cuts at a rally on Tuesday, March 1. The actress addressed a crowd of more than 1,000 in San Antonio to denounce proposed cuts to services for people with intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD).
Longoria, who co-founded a programme for those with IDD in San Antonio, argued that the community will suffer if state authorities slash funding. The star told her fellow Texans, "When I heard about the budget cuts in Texas, I was outraged, personally hurt. We need those in Austin to hear us loud and clear - this is not OK!"
She was joined at the event by her mentally challenged sister Liza, before meeting with state legislators to discuss the controversial cuts.
More Eva Longoria News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers