Eva Longoria Denounces Budget Cuts for Intellectual Disabilities
"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria showed her support for her native Texas by speaking out against planned budget cuts at a rally on Tuesday, March 1. The actress addressed a crowd of more than 1,000 in San Antonio to denounce proposed cuts to services for people with intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD).
Longoria, who co-founded a programme for those with IDD in San Antonio, argued that the community will suffer if state authorities slash funding. The star told her fellow Texans, "When I heard about the budget cuts in Texas, I was outraged, personally hurt. We need those in Austin to hear us loud and clear - this is not OK!"
She was joined at the event by her mentally challenged sister Liza, before meeting with state legislators to discuss the controversial cuts.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head