Eva Longoria Denounces Budget Cuts for Intellectual Disabilities
"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria showed her support for her native Texas by speaking out against planned budget cuts at a rally on Tuesday, March 1. The actress addressed a crowd of more than 1,000 in San Antonio to denounce proposed cuts to services for people with intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD).
Longoria, who co-founded a programme for those with IDD in San Antonio, argued that the community will suffer if state authorities slash funding. The star told her fellow Texans, "When I heard about the budget cuts in Texas, I was outraged, personally hurt. We need those in Austin to hear us loud and clear - this is not OK!"
She was joined at the event by her mentally challenged sister Liza, before meeting with state legislators to discuss the controversial cuts.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation