Eva Longoria Denounces Budget Cuts for Intellectual Disabilities
"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria showed her support for her native Texas by speaking out against planned budget cuts at a rally on Tuesday, March 1. The actress addressed a crowd of more than 1,000 in San Antonio to denounce proposed cuts to services for people with intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD).
Longoria, who co-founded a programme for those with IDD in San Antonio, argued that the community will suffer if state authorities slash funding. The star told her fellow Texans, "When I heard about the budget cuts in Texas, I was outraged, personally hurt. We need those in Austin to hear us loud and clear - this is not OK!"
She was joined at the event by her mentally challenged sister Liza, before meeting with state legislators to discuss the controversial cuts.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism