Movie Bosses Pay $500,000 to Free Daniel Radcliffe for Final 'Harry Potter' Promos
Bosses at Warner Bros. have reportedly paid out half a million dollars to ensure Daniel Radcliffe is free to promote the final "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" movie later this year. The second installment of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is due to open in London in July, but the film's star Radcliffe is signed up to appear in this year's revival of Broadway play "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying".
It means the actor might not have been available to fulfill promotion duties for the closing chapter in the wizard franchise - so Warners chiefs have reportedly stitched up a deal to "buy" the Hirschfeld Theater, where the play is staged, for up to five nights to keep Radcliffe free.
A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "This is the final film, so it's a big deal. A grand world premiere is being planned as well as a U.S. premiere and a press tour. They absolutely couldn't do it without their big star. But the theater producers dug their heels in and said they wouldn't release Radcliffe unless Warner bought out the entire theater for the nights they need him. Studio bosses are furious, but they have no choice but to pay up for five nights costing over $500,000."
A spokesman for Radcliffe tells the publication, "Everything is fine, Dan is promoting the film and is happy to do so. With all productions there are scheduling issues but everything has all been worked out. Warner Bros. is very supportive of Dan, and there is no issue."
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof