Lady GaGa's 'The Fame' Reaches Platinum in Downloads
Lady GaGa has made chart history in Britain after becoming the first artist to reach platinum status for a downloaded album. GaGa's "The Fame" has sold a total of 2.5 million copies in the U.K. and, on Monday, February 28, it set a new record by topping the 300,000 downloads mark.
Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot says, "In setting this latest landmark, Lady Gaga has further cemented her position in the annals of pop music history. Lady Gaga is the kind of artist who is constantly striving to break new ground and she has done that yet again for album downloads."
GaGa has also scored a history on iTunes. "Born This Way" from her new album of the same name became the fastest selling single in iTunes for selling more than one million copies worldwide.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris