Lady GaGa's 'The Fame' Reaches Platinum in Downloads
Lady GaGa has made chart history in Britain after becoming the first artist to reach platinum status for a downloaded album. GaGa's "The Fame" has sold a total of 2.5 million copies in the U.K. and, on Monday, February 28, it set a new record by topping the 300,000 downloads mark.
Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot says, "In setting this latest landmark, Lady Gaga has further cemented her position in the annals of pop music history. Lady Gaga is the kind of artist who is constantly striving to break new ground and she has done that yet again for album downloads."
GaGa has also scored a history on iTunes. "Born This Way" from her new album of the same name became the fastest selling single in iTunes for selling more than one million copies worldwide.
More Lady GaGa News
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport