Lady GaGa's 'The Fame' Reaches Platinum in Downloads
Lady GaGa has made chart history in Britain after becoming the first artist to reach platinum status for a downloaded album. GaGa's "The Fame" has sold a total of 2.5 million copies in the U.K. and, on Monday, February 28, it set a new record by topping the 300,000 downloads mark.
Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot says, "In setting this latest landmark, Lady Gaga has further cemented her position in the annals of pop music history. Lady Gaga is the kind of artist who is constantly striving to break new ground and she has done that yet again for album downloads."
GaGa has also scored a history on iTunes. "Born This Way" from her new album of the same name became the fastest selling single in iTunes for selling more than one million copies worldwide.
More Lady GaGa News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO