Lady GaGa's 'The Fame' Reaches Platinum in Downloads
Lady GaGa has made chart history in Britain after becoming the first artist to reach platinum status for a downloaded album. GaGa's "The Fame" has sold a total of 2.5 million copies in the U.K. and, on Monday, February 28, it set a new record by topping the 300,000 downloads mark.
Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot says, "In setting this latest landmark, Lady Gaga has further cemented her position in the annals of pop music history. Lady Gaga is the kind of artist who is constantly striving to break new ground and she has done that yet again for album downloads."
GaGa has also scored a history on iTunes. "Born This Way" from her new album of the same name became the fastest selling single in iTunes for selling more than one million copies worldwide.
More Lady GaGa News
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer