Lady GaGa's 'The Fame' Reaches Platinum in Downloads
Lady GaGa has made chart history in Britain after becoming the first artist to reach platinum status for a downloaded album. GaGa's "The Fame" has sold a total of 2.5 million copies in the U.K. and, on Monday, February 28, it set a new record by topping the 300,000 downloads mark.
Official Charts Company managing director Martin Talbot says, "In setting this latest landmark, Lady Gaga has further cemented her position in the annals of pop music history. Lady Gaga is the kind of artist who is constantly striving to break new ground and she has done that yet again for album downloads."
GaGa has also scored a history on iTunes. "Born This Way" from her new album of the same name became the fastest selling single in iTunes for selling more than one million copies worldwide.
More Lady GaGa News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame