Mom Hopes to Reunite With Christian Bale After Oscars Win
Christian Bale's mother is praying his Oscars triumph will reunite the family after they stopped speaking following his 2008 arrest on suspicion of assaulting her. The Brit was honored for his turn in "The Fighter" with the Best Actor in a Supporting Role trophy at the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27.
His estranged mother Jenny tuned into the TV prizegiving and was overjoyed to see her son win, even sending him a congratulatory email. And after three years of not speaking, she's hoping his victory will result in Christian contacting her.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "I hope this Oscar can bring us together. I stayed up late to watch on TV. I was nodding off but had to stay awake to see my son's big moment. The family are so pleased for him. This Oscar is well deserved. I saw other celebrities there with their mothers and got upset. I would have loved to have been there by his side."
"I'd love Christian to walk through the door right now. I'd give him a big hug and a kiss and we could forget about the last three years. I don't know why he's doing this."
The 37 year old was taken into custody by cops in July 2008 for allegedly assaulting his mother and sister, Sharon, at London's Dorchester Hotel before the British premiere of "The Dark Knight". He denied assault charges and police later dropped the case.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?