Mom Hopes to Reunite With Christian Bale After Oscars Win
Christian Bale's mother is praying his Oscars triumph will reunite the family after they stopped speaking following his 2008 arrest on suspicion of assaulting her. The Brit was honored for his turn in "The Fighter" with the Best Actor in a Supporting Role trophy at the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27.
His estranged mother Jenny tuned into the TV prizegiving and was overjoyed to see her son win, even sending him a congratulatory email. And after three years of not speaking, she's hoping his victory will result in Christian contacting her.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "I hope this Oscar can bring us together. I stayed up late to watch on TV. I was nodding off but had to stay awake to see my son's big moment. The family are so pleased for him. This Oscar is well deserved. I saw other celebrities there with their mothers and got upset. I would have loved to have been there by his side."
"I'd love Christian to walk through the door right now. I'd give him a big hug and a kiss and we could forget about the last three years. I don't know why he's doing this."
The 37 year old was taken into custody by cops in July 2008 for allegedly assaulting his mother and sister, Sharon, at London's Dorchester Hotel before the British premiere of "The Dark Knight". He denied assault charges and police later dropped the case.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday