Katie Holmes Sues Tabloid for Defamatory Cover
Katie Holmes has slapped a $50 million lawsuit on U.S. tabloid Star over an article which suggested she was a drug addict. The actress was appalled by the magazine's cover story, which featured the headline "Addiction Nightmare - Katie Drug Shocker! - The Real Reason She Can't Leave Tom".
The article does not allege any drug use by Holmes, but she still feels the suggestive cover is clearly defamatory, and she has instructed her lawyers to act. A representative for the "Batman Begins" star tells TMZ.com, "Star Magazine's malicious claims about Katie are untrue, unethical and unlawful. Not only do they cruelly defame Katie, they play a cheap trick on the public, making ridiculously false claims on the cover unsupported by anything inside."
The "addiction" alleged in the story was to Scientology's e-meter device, the use of which Star said "gives subjects a temporary feeling of euphoria, followed by a crash and a craving for more," according to Gossip Cop.
More Katie Holmes News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3