Final 'Harry Potter' Film to Premiere at Trafalgar Square
Film bosses are intent on making the last ever "Harry Potter" premiere a magical one - the showbiz screening will be the first ever red carpet film event to be held at London's iconic Trafalgar Square.
J.K. Rowling's final book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was split into two parts for the big screen - the first installment hit cinemas in November, while the second will be released on July 7. And to ensure the franchise goes out with a bang, film chiefs have persuaded London's mayor Boris Johnson to allow the cast, including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, to walk a red carpet at Trafalgar Square in central London, where Nelson's Column sits.
The stars will meet fans at the tourist hotspot, then make their way to Leicester Square to watch the film. Johnson says, "We are delighted that our plans for the finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place in such a spectacular venue. We pride ourselves on the creativity of our premieres and the space within Trafalgar Square will lend itself to being a magical experience for both guests and fans."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie