Final 'Harry Potter' Film to Premiere at Trafalgar Square
Film bosses are intent on making the last ever "Harry Potter" premiere a magical one - the showbiz screening will be the first ever red carpet film event to be held at London's iconic Trafalgar Square.
J.K. Rowling's final book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was split into two parts for the big screen - the first installment hit cinemas in November, while the second will be released on July 7. And to ensure the franchise goes out with a bang, film chiefs have persuaded London's mayor Boris Johnson to allow the cast, including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, to walk a red carpet at Trafalgar Square in central London, where Nelson's Column sits.
The stars will meet fans at the tourist hotspot, then make their way to Leicester Square to watch the film. Johnson says, "We are delighted that our plans for the finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place in such a spectacular venue. We pride ourselves on the creativity of our premieres and the space within Trafalgar Square will lend itself to being a magical experience for both guests and fans."
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel