Final 'Harry Potter' Film to Premiere at Trafalgar Square
Film bosses are intent on making the last ever "Harry Potter" premiere a magical one - the showbiz screening will be the first ever red carpet film event to be held at London's iconic Trafalgar Square.
J.K. Rowling's final book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was split into two parts for the big screen - the first installment hit cinemas in November, while the second will be released on July 7. And to ensure the franchise goes out with a bang, film chiefs have persuaded London's mayor Boris Johnson to allow the cast, including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, to walk a red carpet at Trafalgar Square in central London, where Nelson's Column sits.
The stars will meet fans at the tourist hotspot, then make their way to Leicester Square to watch the film. Johnson says, "We are delighted that our plans for the finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place in such a spectacular venue. We pride ourselves on the creativity of our premieres and the space within Trafalgar Square will lend itself to being a magical experience for both guests and fans."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding