Final 'Harry Potter' Film to Premiere at Trafalgar Square
Film bosses are intent on making the last ever "Harry Potter" premiere a magical one - the showbiz screening will be the first ever red carpet film event to be held at London's iconic Trafalgar Square.
J.K. Rowling's final book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was split into two parts for the big screen - the first installment hit cinemas in November, while the second will be released on July 7. And to ensure the franchise goes out with a bang, film chiefs have persuaded London's mayor Boris Johnson to allow the cast, including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, to walk a red carpet at Trafalgar Square in central London, where Nelson's Column sits.
The stars will meet fans at the tourist hotspot, then make their way to Leicester Square to watch the film. Johnson says, "We are delighted that our plans for the finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place in such a spectacular venue. We pride ourselves on the creativity of our premieres and the space within Trafalgar Square will lend itself to being a magical experience for both guests and fans."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!