Joan Collins Went to Hospital During Oscars Afterparty Due to Tight Dress
TV legend Joan Collins was taken to hospital during the post-Oscars Vanity Fair party after her figure-hugging dress left her feeling faint. The "Dynasty" star attended the magazine's bash at Hollywood's Sunset Tower Hotel in a tight-fitting lilac gown, but after mixing with A-listers for several hours, the 77 year old began to feel dizzy.
Her concerned husband Percy Gibson called an ambulance for his wife, and medics decided to rush the star to a nearby hospital for tests. Collins was relieved when doctors gave her the all-clear - and blames her corseted dress for the fuss.
She tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "We had been there for seven hours, and I started feeling dizzy. I tried to get some air, but I felt really faint. I wanted to leave in our limo, but Percy decided to call an ambulance. We went to the hospital, and they did all the tests before the doctors told me I was absolutely fine and released me. The truth was, I made the wrong decision to wear a very tight dress, and had something rather like a Victorian swoon. The good news is, I am in good health and feel fine today."
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit