Katy Perry Performs 'Firework' at Oprah's Oscar Afterparty
Katy Perry had her own Oscars moment hours after her husband Russell Brand made his debut at the Academy Award alongside "Arthur" co-star Helen Mirren when she took to the Kodak Theatre stage as part of Oprah Winfrey's big show wrap-up special on Monday, February 28 .
The pop star took a break from her European tour and flew in to Los Angeles from Austria to join Sunday's February 27 Oscars finale performers, the student choir of PS 22, for a rendition of her hit "Firework".
Perry stunned the kids and Winfrey's Kodak Theatre audience when she stepped out onto the stage from behind a screen, dressed in a form-fitting gold dress. The rousing performance ended with images of fireworks lighting up the hi-tech stage as the kids rushed to hug and high-five Perry.
More Katy Perry News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage