Katy Perry Performs 'Firework' at Oprah's Oscar Afterparty
Katy Perry had her own Oscars moment hours after her husband Russell Brand made his debut at the Academy Award alongside "Arthur" co-star Helen Mirren when she took to the Kodak Theatre stage as part of Oprah Winfrey's big show wrap-up special on Monday, February 28 .
The pop star took a break from her European tour and flew in to Los Angeles from Austria to join Sunday's February 27 Oscars finale performers, the student choir of PS 22, for a rendition of her hit "Firework".
Perry stunned the kids and Winfrey's Kodak Theatre audience when she stepped out onto the stage from behind a screen, dressed in a form-fitting gold dress. The rousing performance ended with images of fireworks lighting up the hi-tech stage as the kids rushed to hug and high-five Perry.
More Katy Perry News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna