Katy Perry Performs 'Firework' at Oprah's Oscar Afterparty
Katy Perry had her own Oscars moment hours after her husband Russell Brand made his debut at the Academy Award alongside "Arthur" co-star Helen Mirren when she took to the Kodak Theatre stage as part of Oprah Winfrey's big show wrap-up special on Monday, February 28 .
The pop star took a break from her European tour and flew in to Los Angeles from Austria to join Sunday's February 27 Oscars finale performers, the student choir of PS 22, for a rendition of her hit "Firework".
Perry stunned the kids and Winfrey's Kodak Theatre audience when she stepped out onto the stage from behind a screen, dressed in a form-fitting gold dress. The rousing performance ended with images of fireworks lighting up the hi-tech stage as the kids rushed to hug and high-five Perry.
More Katy Perry News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences