Katy Perry Performs 'Firework' at Oprah's Oscar Afterparty
Katy Perry had her own Oscars moment hours after her husband Russell Brand made his debut at the Academy Award alongside "Arthur" co-star Helen Mirren when she took to the Kodak Theatre stage as part of Oprah Winfrey's big show wrap-up special on Monday, February 28 .
The pop star took a break from her European tour and flew in to Los Angeles from Austria to join Sunday's February 27 Oscars finale performers, the student choir of PS 22, for a rendition of her hit "Firework".
Perry stunned the kids and Winfrey's Kodak Theatre audience when she stepped out onto the stage from behind a screen, dressed in a form-fitting gold dress. The rousing performance ended with images of fireworks lighting up the hi-tech stage as the kids rushed to hug and high-five Perry.
More Katy Perry News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?