Katy Perry Performs 'Firework' at Oprah's Oscar Afterparty
Katy Perry had her own Oscars moment hours after her husband Russell Brand made his debut at the Academy Award alongside "Arthur" co-star Helen Mirren when she took to the Kodak Theatre stage as part of Oprah Winfrey's big show wrap-up special on Monday, February 28 .
The pop star took a break from her European tour and flew in to Los Angeles from Austria to join Sunday's February 27 Oscars finale performers, the student choir of PS 22, for a rendition of her hit "Firework".
Perry stunned the kids and Winfrey's Kodak Theatre audience when she stepped out onto the stage from behind a screen, dressed in a form-fitting gold dress. The rousing performance ended with images of fireworks lighting up the hi-tech stage as the kids rushed to hug and high-five Perry.
More Katy Perry News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'