Lisa Marie Presley Leaves Luxurious Estate for Country Lifestyle
Lisa Marie Presley has quit her $12 million estate in England after failing to adapt to the country lifestyle, according to a U.K. report. The singer has lived in California since her father Elvis passed away in 1977, but last year she put her five-bedroom ranch up for sale at just under $9 million.
She then purchased a home in the quiet town of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, reportedly because of its vicinity to East Grinstead, Sussex, where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard settled in 1959 after moving from the U.S. The star is a devout Scientologist.
However, Presley has decided to leave the sprawling estate and move back to America, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Lisa Marie thought she'd love life in England but simply couldn't settle. She wanted to get away from Hollywood but ended up missing it. Although she enjoyed the scenery in Kent, the lifestyle wasn't for her. It's not rock 'n' roll enough."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?