Lisa Marie Presley Leaves Luxurious Estate for Country Lifestyle
Lisa Marie Presley has quit her $12 million estate in England after failing to adapt to the country lifestyle, according to a U.K. report. The singer has lived in California since her father Elvis passed away in 1977, but last year she put her five-bedroom ranch up for sale at just under $9 million.
She then purchased a home in the quiet town of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, reportedly because of its vicinity to East Grinstead, Sussex, where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard settled in 1959 after moving from the U.S. The star is a devout Scientologist.
However, Presley has decided to leave the sprawling estate and move back to America, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Lisa Marie thought she'd love life in England but simply couldn't settle. She wanted to get away from Hollywood but ended up missing it. Although she enjoyed the scenery in Kent, the lifestyle wasn't for her. It's not rock 'n' roll enough."
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017