Lisa Marie Presley Leaves Luxurious Estate for Country Lifestyle
Lisa Marie Presley has quit her $12 million estate in England after failing to adapt to the country lifestyle, according to a U.K. report. The singer has lived in California since her father Elvis passed away in 1977, but last year she put her five-bedroom ranch up for sale at just under $9 million.
She then purchased a home in the quiet town of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, reportedly because of its vicinity to East Grinstead, Sussex, where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard settled in 1959 after moving from the U.S. The star is a devout Scientologist.
However, Presley has decided to leave the sprawling estate and move back to America, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Lisa Marie thought she'd love life in England but simply couldn't settle. She wanted to get away from Hollywood but ended up missing it. Although she enjoyed the scenery in Kent, the lifestyle wasn't for her. It's not rock 'n' roll enough."
More Lisa Marie Presley News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards