Lisa Marie Presley Leaves Luxurious Estate for Country Lifestyle
Lisa Marie Presley has quit her $12 million estate in England after failing to adapt to the country lifestyle, according to a U.K. report. The singer has lived in California since her father Elvis passed away in 1977, but last year she put her five-bedroom ranch up for sale at just under $9 million.
She then purchased a home in the quiet town of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, reportedly because of its vicinity to East Grinstead, Sussex, where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard settled in 1959 after moving from the U.S. The star is a devout Scientologist.
However, Presley has decided to leave the sprawling estate and move back to America, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Lisa Marie thought she'd love life in England but simply couldn't settle. She wanted to get away from Hollywood but ended up missing it. Although she enjoyed the scenery in Kent, the lifestyle wasn't for her. It's not rock 'n' roll enough."
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement