Lisa Marie Presley Leaves Luxurious Estate for Country Lifestyle
Lisa Marie Presley has quit her $12 million estate in England after failing to adapt to the country lifestyle, according to a U.K. report. The singer has lived in California since her father Elvis passed away in 1977, but last year she put her five-bedroom ranch up for sale at just under $9 million.
She then purchased a home in the quiet town of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, reportedly because of its vicinity to East Grinstead, Sussex, where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard settled in 1959 after moving from the U.S. The star is a devout Scientologist.
However, Presley has decided to leave the sprawling estate and move back to America, according to Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "Lisa Marie thought she'd love life in England but simply couldn't settle. She wanted to get away from Hollywood but ended up missing it. Although she enjoyed the scenery in Kent, the lifestyle wasn't for her. It's not rock 'n' roll enough."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance