Kid Cudi Splits From Label and Managers to Realize Dream
Rapper Kid Cudi has parted ways with his label after admitting he and his record company bosses have "different visions" of how his music should sound. The "Day 'N Nite" hitmaker recently revealed he is ready to launch a rock career because he no longer feels "passionate" about writing hip-hop songs.
And now he's stepped away from the Dream On record label and split from managers Patrick Reynolds and Emile Haynie in a bid to realize his creative dream. In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Dream on is over, new label announcement soon."
"Pat and Emile are doing their own thing, I wish them well. I have a diff vision, for music, for the world. I'm just doing the right thing, I come from a different place. People lose sight of the mission. Can't expect everyone to be built like me. When people have different visions, you gotta go your own way."
More Kid Cudi News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics