Kid Cudi Splits From Label and Managers to Realize Dream
Rapper Kid Cudi has parted ways with his label after admitting he and his record company bosses have "different visions" of how his music should sound. The "Day 'N Nite" hitmaker recently revealed he is ready to launch a rock career because he no longer feels "passionate" about writing hip-hop songs.
And now he's stepped away from the Dream On record label and split from managers Patrick Reynolds and Emile Haynie in a bid to realize his creative dream. In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Dream on is over, new label announcement soon."
"Pat and Emile are doing their own thing, I wish them well. I have a diff vision, for music, for the world. I'm just doing the right thing, I come from a different place. People lose sight of the mission. Can't expect everyone to be built like me. When people have different visions, you gotta go your own way."
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party