Nelly Furtado Donates Money From Muammar Gaddafi to Charity
Nelly Furtado is so appalled by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's refusal to step down amid growing rebellion in the Middle East, she is planning to donate the $1 million he paid her for a 45 minute concert to charity. As the world's leaders impose strict sanctions on Gaddafi's Libya in the hope of ending the defiant dictator's reign and the country's unrest, the Canadian singer insists she wants no association with him. And that means giving away the cash she received for performing at a party.
She tweets, "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min. Show for guests at a hotel in Italy. I am going to donate the $." Furtado isn't the only big name to have cashed in on Gaddafi gigs - Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Usher and 50 Cent have also performed at family functions. As WENN went to press, there was no word as to whether the quartet would be following Furtado's example and giving up the millions they earned.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'