Nelly Furtado Donates Money From Muammar Gaddafi to Charity
Nelly Furtado is so appalled by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's refusal to step down amid growing rebellion in the Middle East, she is planning to donate the $1 million he paid her for a 45 minute concert to charity. As the world's leaders impose strict sanctions on Gaddafi's Libya in the hope of ending the defiant dictator's reign and the country's unrest, the Canadian singer insists she wants no association with him. And that means giving away the cash she received for performing at a party.
She tweets, "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min. Show for guests at a hotel in Italy. I am going to donate the $." Furtado isn't the only big name to have cashed in on Gaddafi gigs - Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Usher and 50 Cent have also performed at family functions. As WENN went to press, there was no word as to whether the quartet would be following Furtado's example and giving up the millions they earned.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media