Nelly Furtado Donates Money From Muammar Gaddafi to Charity
Nelly Furtado is so appalled by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's refusal to step down amid growing rebellion in the Middle East, she is planning to donate the $1 million he paid her for a 45 minute concert to charity. As the world's leaders impose strict sanctions on Gaddafi's Libya in the hope of ending the defiant dictator's reign and the country's unrest, the Canadian singer insists she wants no association with him. And that means giving away the cash she received for performing at a party.
She tweets, "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min. Show for guests at a hotel in Italy. I am going to donate the $." Furtado isn't the only big name to have cashed in on Gaddafi gigs - Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Usher and 50 Cent have also performed at family functions. As WENN went to press, there was no word as to whether the quartet would be following Furtado's example and giving up the millions they earned.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler