Nelly Furtado Donates Money From Muammar Gaddafi to Charity
Nelly Furtado is so appalled by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's refusal to step down amid growing rebellion in the Middle East, she is planning to donate the $1 million he paid her for a 45 minute concert to charity. As the world's leaders impose strict sanctions on Gaddafi's Libya in the hope of ending the defiant dictator's reign and the country's unrest, the Canadian singer insists she wants no association with him. And that means giving away the cash she received for performing at a party.
She tweets, "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min. Show for guests at a hotel in Italy. I am going to donate the $." Furtado isn't the only big name to have cashed in on Gaddafi gigs - Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Usher and 50 Cent have also performed at family functions. As WENN went to press, there was no word as to whether the quartet would be following Furtado's example and giving up the millions they earned.
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body