Nelly Furtado Donates Money From Muammar Gaddafi to Charity
Nelly Furtado is so appalled by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's refusal to step down amid growing rebellion in the Middle East, she is planning to donate the $1 million he paid her for a 45 minute concert to charity. As the world's leaders impose strict sanctions on Gaddafi's Libya in the hope of ending the defiant dictator's reign and the country's unrest, the Canadian singer insists she wants no association with him. And that means giving away the cash she received for performing at a party.
She tweets, "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min. Show for guests at a hotel in Italy. I am going to donate the $." Furtado isn't the only big name to have cashed in on Gaddafi gigs - Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Usher and 50 Cent have also performed at family functions. As WENN went to press, there was no word as to whether the quartet would be following Furtado's example and giving up the millions they earned.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards