Charlie Sheen Gets Support From Mel Gibson and Sean Penn
Embattled actor Charlie Sheen has received the full support of celebrity pals like Sean Penn and Mel Gibson as he battles TV executives over the abrupt cancellation of his hit show "Two and a Half Men".
The star is at war with CBS bosses and sitcom writer Chuck Lorre after launching a series of scathing attacks on the show creator, prompting producers to pull the programme from the air for the remainder of its current eighth season.
He has since vowed to sue CBS, Lorre and Warner Bros. chiefs for a reported $320 million for shutting down the shoot, while he is also demanding to be paid $3 million per episode if they want him to return to work on "Two and a Half Men".
Critics have been quick to ridicule Sheen for his behavior and demands, but the actor insists he is "winning" because other stars, including Penn, Gibson and Colin Farrell, who have all faced scandals and troubles in the past, have been quick to reach out to him.
Calling them "radical people", he tells ABC News, "They didn't give me any advice... It was just love. Occasionally, you know, a giant marquee name comes through on your caller I.D. And it's like, 'winning'."
And Sheen is urging his "billions" of fans to make a stand with him to force TV producers into putting "Two and a Half Men" back on air: "Rally behind me with radical violence and focus and say that, 'No, we will not stand for this. We will not stand for our man being made the scapegoat when he's made everybody around him rich. And now they're punishing them and turning his crew family against him.' You know, it's really not cool, man'."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular