Brian McFadden Defends Against Date-Rape Lyrics Allegation in New Song
Irish singer Brian McFadden has spoken out to defend the "dumb lyrics" of his new single, blasting reports the track is about date rape.
In the former Westlife star's latest song, "Just The Way You Are (Drunk at the Bar)" ", he sings he "can't wait" to befriend an intoxicated girl to "take advantage" and "do some damage". The controversial words stunned some critics, who have branded the song "disgusting and wrong" and accused the star of singing about date rape. But McFadden, who is engaged to Australian singer Delta Goodrem, has jumped to defend the track and explain the meaning of the lyrics.
He tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "For the record I wrote the song about how I love it when Delta has a drink (which is very rare) and she's dancing. I am shocked at these ridiculous accusations about my new song that have been written."
Taking to his Twitter.com page, he adds: "My new song is a tongue in cheek song about how i find it cute when my girl gets drunk... i am not promoting date-rape. what's the next thing i am going to be labeled (sic) as from things i say. super intelligent reaction to my song. wish i was as clever as them. and yes it is dumb lyrics and a dumb beat.... that was the point!!!! when did i ever claim to be John Lennon?"
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala