Brian McFadden Defends Against Date-Rape Lyrics Allegation in New Song
Irish singer Brian McFadden has spoken out to defend the "dumb lyrics" of his new single, blasting reports the track is about date rape.
In the former Westlife star's latest song, "Just The Way You Are (Drunk at the Bar)" ", he sings he "can't wait" to befriend an intoxicated girl to "take advantage" and "do some damage". The controversial words stunned some critics, who have branded the song "disgusting and wrong" and accused the star of singing about date rape. But McFadden, who is engaged to Australian singer Delta Goodrem, has jumped to defend the track and explain the meaning of the lyrics.
He tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "For the record I wrote the song about how I love it when Delta has a drink (which is very rare) and she's dancing. I am shocked at these ridiculous accusations about my new song that have been written."
Taking to his Twitter.com page, he adds: "My new song is a tongue in cheek song about how i find it cute when my girl gets drunk... i am not promoting date-rape. what's the next thing i am going to be labeled (sic) as from things i say. super intelligent reaction to my song. wish i was as clever as them. and yes it is dumb lyrics and a dumb beat.... that was the point!!!! when did i ever claim to be John Lennon?"
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!