Brian McFadden Defends Against Date-Rape Lyrics Allegation in New Song
Irish singer Brian McFadden has spoken out to defend the "dumb lyrics" of his new single, blasting reports the track is about date rape.
In the former Westlife star's latest song, "Just The Way You Are (Drunk at the Bar)" ", he sings he "can't wait" to befriend an intoxicated girl to "take advantage" and "do some damage". The controversial words stunned some critics, who have branded the song "disgusting and wrong" and accused the star of singing about date rape. But McFadden, who is engaged to Australian singer Delta Goodrem, has jumped to defend the track and explain the meaning of the lyrics.
He tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "For the record I wrote the song about how I love it when Delta has a drink (which is very rare) and she's dancing. I am shocked at these ridiculous accusations about my new song that have been written."
Taking to his Twitter.com page, he adds: "My new song is a tongue in cheek song about how i find it cute when my girl gets drunk... i am not promoting date-rape. what's the next thing i am going to be labeled (sic) as from things i say. super intelligent reaction to my song. wish i was as clever as them. and yes it is dumb lyrics and a dumb beat.... that was the point!!!! when did i ever claim to be John Lennon?"
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci