Colin Firth Wore Eco-Friendly Clothes to 2011 Oscars
Oscar winner Colin Firth and his wife Livia both wore environmentally-friendly outfits to the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27 in a bid to raise awareness of recycled clothing. The star's partner founded Fairtrade boutique Eco Age and she donned a paneled gown recycled from old dresses for the red carpet.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "It defies what you normally see on the red carpet. It's really beautiful - it's pretty but also has a message." And Livia convinced her husband to wear an equally environmentally-friendly outfit - Firth was sporting a Tom Ford suit made of ethical materials. He adds, "Livia educated me on the importance of knowing where the clothes you wear come from."
Firth reigned supreme at the ceremony, taking home the Best Actor trophy for his role in "The King's Speech".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son