Colin Firth Wore Eco-Friendly Clothes to 2011 Oscars
Oscar winner Colin Firth and his wife Livia both wore environmentally-friendly outfits to the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27 in a bid to raise awareness of recycled clothing. The star's partner founded Fairtrade boutique Eco Age and she donned a paneled gown recycled from old dresses for the red carpet.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "It defies what you normally see on the red carpet. It's really beautiful - it's pretty but also has a message." And Livia convinced her husband to wear an equally environmentally-friendly outfit - Firth was sporting a Tom Ford suit made of ethical materials. He adds, "Livia educated me on the importance of knowing where the clothes you wear come from."
Firth reigned supreme at the ceremony, taking home the Best Actor trophy for his role in "The King's Speech".
More Colin Firth News
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'
- Stephen King's 'Castle Rock' Adaptation From J.J. Abrams Gets Series Order at Hulu
- J.Lo Reunites With Marc Anthony for Their Twin Kids' Birthday