Colin Firth Wore Eco-Friendly Clothes to 2011 Oscars
Oscar winner Colin Firth and his wife Livia both wore environmentally-friendly outfits to the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27 in a bid to raise awareness of recycled clothing. The star's partner founded Fairtrade boutique Eco Age and she donned a paneled gown recycled from old dresses for the red carpet.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "It defies what you normally see on the red carpet. It's really beautiful - it's pretty but also has a message." And Livia convinced her husband to wear an equally environmentally-friendly outfit - Firth was sporting a Tom Ford suit made of ethical materials. He adds, "Livia educated me on the importance of knowing where the clothes you wear come from."
Firth reigned supreme at the ceremony, taking home the Best Actor trophy for his role in "The King's Speech".
More Colin Firth News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them