Colin Firth Wore Eco-Friendly Clothes to 2011 Oscars
Oscar winner Colin Firth and his wife Livia both wore environmentally-friendly outfits to the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27 in a bid to raise awareness of recycled clothing. The star's partner founded Fairtrade boutique Eco Age and she donned a paneled gown recycled from old dresses for the red carpet.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "It defies what you normally see on the red carpet. It's really beautiful - it's pretty but also has a message." And Livia convinced her husband to wear an equally environmentally-friendly outfit - Firth was sporting a Tom Ford suit made of ethical materials. He adds, "Livia educated me on the importance of knowing where the clothes you wear come from."
Firth reigned supreme at the ceremony, taking home the Best Actor trophy for his role in "The King's Speech".
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!