Colin Firth Wore Eco-Friendly Clothes to 2011 Oscars
Oscar winner Colin Firth and his wife Livia both wore environmentally-friendly outfits to the Academy Awards on Sunday, February 27 in a bid to raise awareness of recycled clothing. The star's partner founded Fairtrade boutique Eco Age and she donned a paneled gown recycled from old dresses for the red carpet.
She tells Britain's The Sun, "It defies what you normally see on the red carpet. It's really beautiful - it's pretty but also has a message." And Livia convinced her husband to wear an equally environmentally-friendly outfit - Firth was sporting a Tom Ford suit made of ethical materials. He adds, "Livia educated me on the importance of knowing where the clothes you wear come from."
Firth reigned supreme at the ceremony, taking home the Best Actor trophy for his role in "The King's Speech".
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck