Recuperating Elizabeth Taylor Watches Oscar From Home
Dame Elizabeth Taylor is spending her 79th birthday in hospital watching the Academy Awards - and she's backing "The King's Speech" to win an Oscar. The "Cleopatra" star was recently admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles to treat symptoms of congestive heart failure.
She's continuing to make promising progress and marked her special day on Sunday, February 27 by tuning in to the annual Hollywood prizegiving - and she's tipped the British royal drama, which is nominated in 12 categories, to win big at the prestigious ceremony.
Her representative tells the AFP, "She plans to watch the Academy Awards with family and close friends and will be rooting for The King's Speech. A proper birthday celebration will be planned for when she returns home."
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her