Recuperating Elizabeth Taylor Watches Oscar From Home
Dame Elizabeth Taylor is spending her 79th birthday in hospital watching the Academy Awards - and she's backing "The King's Speech" to win an Oscar. The "Cleopatra" star was recently admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles to treat symptoms of congestive heart failure.
She's continuing to make promising progress and marked her special day on Sunday, February 27 by tuning in to the annual Hollywood prizegiving - and she's tipped the British royal drama, which is nominated in 12 categories, to win big at the prestigious ceremony.
Her representative tells the AFP, "She plans to watch the Academy Awards with family and close friends and will be rooting for The King's Speech. A proper birthday celebration will be planned for when she returns home."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic