Recuperating Elizabeth Taylor Watches Oscar From Home
Dame Elizabeth Taylor is spending her 79th birthday in hospital watching the Academy Awards - and she's backing "The King's Speech" to win an Oscar. The "Cleopatra" star was recently admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles to treat symptoms of congestive heart failure.
She's continuing to make promising progress and marked her special day on Sunday, February 27 by tuning in to the annual Hollywood prizegiving - and she's tipped the British royal drama, which is nominated in 12 categories, to win big at the prestigious ceremony.
Her representative tells the AFP, "She plans to watch the Academy Awards with family and close friends and will be rooting for The King's Speech. A proper birthday celebration will be planned for when she returns home."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered