Recuperating Elizabeth Taylor Watches Oscar From Home
Dame Elizabeth Taylor is spending her 79th birthday in hospital watching the Academy Awards - and she's backing "The King's Speech" to win an Oscar. The "Cleopatra" star was recently admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles to treat symptoms of congestive heart failure.
She's continuing to make promising progress and marked her special day on Sunday, February 27 by tuning in to the annual Hollywood prizegiving - and she's tipped the British royal drama, which is nominated in 12 categories, to win big at the prestigious ceremony.
Her representative tells the AFP, "She plans to watch the Academy Awards with family and close friends and will be rooting for The King's Speech. A proper birthday celebration will be planned for when she returns home."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert