Cheryl Cole's Ex-Husband Accidentally Shot an Intern With Air Rifle
British singer Cheryl Cole's ex-husband, soccer star Ashley Cole, is in trouble with his club's bosses after allegedly shooting an intern with an air rifle, according to U.K. reports. The sports star, who plays for English soccer giant Chelsea Football Club, reportedly left work experience student Tom Cowan badly wounded after he accidentally shot him at close range with a high-powered .22 rifle at the club's training ground in Surrey, England.
According to Britain's News of the World, the 21 year old had been given medical treatment on the spot last Sunday, February 20, but had to head to hospital two days later as the injury worsened. Cole reportedly had no idea the weapon was loaded - but his actions have landed him in trouble with the club's managers.
A source tells the newspaper, "It's truly inconceivable that a Premier League footballer could bring a gun to the training ground. But Ashley pulled the rifle from a box and started larking (playing) about with it in the changing room. Cole didn't know the gun was loaded but it's a disgrace. His behavior beggars belief."
Another insider adds, "Tom screamed as this lead pellet hit him in the side. He was bleeding profusely. He was in agony and seemed to go into shock as he steadied himself and sat down on one of the benches."
Cheryl Cole, a superstar in Britain thanks to her judging role on Simon Cowell's TV talent show "The X Factor", split from the soccer player after allegations of his infidelity hit the headlines early in 2010. Their divorce was finalized in September 2010.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere