Ciara and Rihanna Feud Over TV Slur on Twitter
R&B singer Ciara sparked an online war of words with Rihanna on Friday, 25 February after she accused the "Umbrella" superstar of ignoring her at a recent party. Ciara made the allegation during an appearance on Joan Rivers' "Fashion Police" with show on America's E! network after she was quizzed by the outlandish host about what she thought of Rihanna's style.
She told Rivers, "I ran into (Rihanna) recently at a party. She wasn't the nicest. It's crazy, because I've always loved and respected what she's done in fashion. It wasn't the most pleasant run-in."
Rihanna quickly retorted with a message on her Twitter.com page, joking that she must have mistaken Ciara for hired help. She wrote, "My bad Ci, did I 4get (forget) to tip u? How rude of me." The mocking message prompted Ciara to respond, "Trust me Rihanna u dont want to see me on or off the stage," to which Rihanna came back with, "U gangsta huh? Haaa...Good luck with bookin that stage u speak of."
The response is believed to have stemmed from Ciara's recent accusations that her record label have not backed her career financially, forcing her to pay for her own videos and promotion. However, the feud was short-lived - the Bajan beauty backed down minutes later and offered a truce, writing, "Ciara baby, I love u girl! U hurt my feelings real bad on TV! I'm heartbroken! That's y (why) I retaliated this way! So sorry! Lets make up."
And Ciara immediately accepted her apology, replying, "Rhi u know its always been love since day 1! Doing shows/everything. You threw me off in that party! Apology accepted. Let's chat in person."
More Ciara News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera