Ciara and Rihanna Feud Over TV Slur on Twitter
R&B singer Ciara sparked an online war of words with Rihanna on Friday, 25 February after she accused the "Umbrella" superstar of ignoring her at a recent party. Ciara made the allegation during an appearance on Joan Rivers' "Fashion Police" with show on America's E! network after she was quizzed by the outlandish host about what she thought of Rihanna's style.
She told Rivers, "I ran into (Rihanna) recently at a party. She wasn't the nicest. It's crazy, because I've always loved and respected what she's done in fashion. It wasn't the most pleasant run-in."
Rihanna quickly retorted with a message on her Twitter.com page, joking that she must have mistaken Ciara for hired help. She wrote, "My bad Ci, did I 4get (forget) to tip u? How rude of me." The mocking message prompted Ciara to respond, "Trust me Rihanna u dont want to see me on or off the stage," to which Rihanna came back with, "U gangsta huh? Haaa...Good luck with bookin that stage u speak of."
The response is believed to have stemmed from Ciara's recent accusations that her record label have not backed her career financially, forcing her to pay for her own videos and promotion. However, the feud was short-lived - the Bajan beauty backed down minutes later and offered a truce, writing, "Ciara baby, I love u girl! U hurt my feelings real bad on TV! I'm heartbroken! That's y (why) I retaliated this way! So sorry! Lets make up."
And Ciara immediately accepted her apology, replying, "Rhi u know its always been love since day 1! Doing shows/everything. You threw me off in that party! Apology accepted. Let's chat in person."
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses