Ciara and Rihanna Feud Over TV Slur on Twitter
R&B singer Ciara sparked an online war of words with Rihanna on Friday, 25 February after she accused the "Umbrella" superstar of ignoring her at a recent party. Ciara made the allegation during an appearance on Joan Rivers' "Fashion Police" with show on America's E! network after she was quizzed by the outlandish host about what she thought of Rihanna's style.
She told Rivers, "I ran into (Rihanna) recently at a party. She wasn't the nicest. It's crazy, because I've always loved and respected what she's done in fashion. It wasn't the most pleasant run-in."
Rihanna quickly retorted with a message on her Twitter.com page, joking that she must have mistaken Ciara for hired help. She wrote, "My bad Ci, did I 4get (forget) to tip u? How rude of me." The mocking message prompted Ciara to respond, "Trust me Rihanna u dont want to see me on or off the stage," to which Rihanna came back with, "U gangsta huh? Haaa...Good luck with bookin that stage u speak of."
The response is believed to have stemmed from Ciara's recent accusations that her record label have not backed her career financially, forcing her to pay for her own videos and promotion. However, the feud was short-lived - the Bajan beauty backed down minutes later and offered a truce, writing, "Ciara baby, I love u girl! U hurt my feelings real bad on TV! I'm heartbroken! That's y (why) I retaliated this way! So sorry! Lets make up."
And Ciara immediately accepted her apology, replying, "Rhi u know its always been love since day 1! Doing shows/everything. You threw me off in that party! Apology accepted. Let's chat in person."
More Ciara News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'