'Gnomeo and Juliet' Tops U.S. Box Office Chart in Oscar Weekend
Animated Disney film "Gnomeo and Juliet" has surprised movie experts by triumphing over Owen Wilson's new comedy "Hall Pass" to top the U.S. box office chart in its third week of release.
The 3D family favorite, which is based on the Shakespeare tale and features music by Sir Elton John, climbed to number one with takings of $14.2 million, boosting its total gross in the U.S. to $75.1 million.
"Hall Pass", directed by the Farrelly Brothers, debuted in second place with $13.4 million, while Liam Neeson's former chart-topper "Unknown (2011)" fell to three. Justin Bieber's "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" is in sixth position, while Nicolas Cage's new action movie "Drive Angry" only just managed to land at number nine with $5.1 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for February 25-27:
- "Gnomeo and Juliet" - $14.2 million
- "Hall Pass" - $ 13.4 million
- "Unknown" - $12.4 million
- "Just Go with It" - $11.1 million
- "I Am Number Four" - $11 million
- "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" - $9.2 million
- "The King's Speech" - $7.6 million
- "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son" - $7.5 million
- "Drive Angry" - $5.1 million
- "The Roommate" - $2 million
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3