'Gnomeo and Juliet' Tops U.S. Box Office Chart in Oscar Weekend
Animated Disney film "Gnomeo and Juliet" has surprised movie experts by triumphing over Owen Wilson's new comedy "Hall Pass" to top the U.S. box office chart in its third week of release.
The 3D family favorite, which is based on the Shakespeare tale and features music by Sir Elton John, climbed to number one with takings of $14.2 million, boosting its total gross in the U.S. to $75.1 million.
"Hall Pass", directed by the Farrelly Brothers, debuted in second place with $13.4 million, while Liam Neeson's former chart-topper "Unknown (2011)" fell to three. Justin Bieber's "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" is in sixth position, while Nicolas Cage's new action movie "Drive Angry" only just managed to land at number nine with $5.1 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for February 25-27:
- "Gnomeo and Juliet" - $14.2 million
- "Hall Pass" - $ 13.4 million
- "Unknown" - $12.4 million
- "Just Go with It" - $11.1 million
- "I Am Number Four" - $11 million
- "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" - $9.2 million
- "The King's Speech" - $7.6 million
- "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son" - $7.5 million
- "Drive Angry" - $5.1 million
- "The Roommate" - $2 million
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates